Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Senior Program Associate provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in South Asia.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports the Program Team to implement grant(s) and ensure grant compliance, including logistical support for program activities and events.
- Maintains an understanding of funder and IRI policies and procedures related to grant compliance and oversight.
- Prepares, tracks, and conducts follow-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Participates in budget analysis on a regular basis. Tracks spending and regularly updates budget tracker; cross-references with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff.
- Supports efforts to monitor and evaluate projects according to an approved grant work plan to demonstrate impact.
- Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Leads the budget development and contributes to the proposal development processes for new funding opportunities.
- Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
- Travels as needed for program support and implementation.
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- International experience preferred, particularly in South Asia
- Working knowledge of the South Asia region.
Please complete your profile and submit your cover letter and resume to IRI's website.