As a member of the Haiti Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of the CP’s programming to ensure the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your leadership, management and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming. You will work with the senior program managers toward a long-term vision for the development of the program portfolio and the growth of national leadership. As part of the Senior Management Team you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Country Representative (CR) provide strategic direction for the design of the CP strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities.
- Lead high-quality project design incorporating project management standards and MEAL methods, appropriate to scope, context and technical requirements of projects. Coordinate planning of activities across various projects from different sectors to ensure integration of program interventions and efficiency in implementation.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance assessment for direct reports.
- Develop a succession plan which actively promotes the development and strategic capacity building of national leadership. Contribute to developing staffing plans for projects and to the recruitment process of senior project staff.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Promote accountability, learning and knowledge management overseeing implementation of the MEAL policy, as well as cross-sectoral and cross-department learning.
- Coordinate with CP operations leads to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Provide supervision and support to the Business Development Specialist to oversee the business development cycle to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards.
- Create and maintain donor relationships and networks to promote the position of CRS Haiti to influence and scale methodologies and programs in key sectors.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of appropriate partnerships and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Ensure technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, business development and operational activities. Identify training opportunities, develop training curriculums and deliver trainings.
- Participate in Regional HoP meetings and HQ working groups to ensure the CP is applying the lessons learned and standards developed in other country programs to ensure program quality and impact.
- French required, Haitian Creole preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15 % in country with periodic trips outside of Haiti.
- Program Sector Leads (Education, Agriculture, Health, Resiliency, and Youth).
- MEAL Country Manager.
- BD Specialist.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Head of Operations, Finance Director, Supply Chain Manager, Security Advisor, HR Manager, DRD PQ, Regional BD Manager, USG Liaison Manager.
- External: Catholic Church; Donor representatives including USAID, USDA, EU, IDB, and Foundations; International and National program consortium partners including Caritas Haiti, CEEC, World Food Program, LUMOS, and others; OCHA led Working Group partners; Government of Haiti.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or relevant field.
- Minimum of five years of relevant field-based program management, at least three years of middle/senior management experience.
- Experience in the development of successful proposals, reports, strategic alliances, project design, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in partner capacity strengthening, staff development, training, and mentoring, as well as in team building and strategic planning initiatives. Experience working with Church partners a plus.
- Experience in community development, community mobilization, or similar grassroots, self-help initiatives.
- Experience in project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc., preferably for projects funded by multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Experience with successful business development activities capturing public and/or private donor funding.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org