About the Position: This position is with HQDA ODCS, G-3 REGIONAL INTEGRATION & ASSESSMENT DIVISION located in Arlington, VA.
Learn more about this agency
- Develop, coordinate, integrate, and/or implement policies, plans and programs involving Army international activities related to the Middle East and Africa region.
- Serve as Army coordinator with OSD and the Joint Staff for regional and bilateral policy issues with Army equities.
- Lead, participate in or manage working groups or task forces on strategy and policy development, politico-military analyses, and operational planning.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with U.S. attaches and security assistance personnel in assigned countries and Washington-based military attaches from those
- Ensure goals, priorities, values, and policies are considered in the development and implementation of Army policy and that Army policies and programs are fully supportive of the Theater Security Cooperation Plans.
- Plan and coordinate SecArmy and CSA counterpart visits to include itinerary, in progress reviews, office calls, and roundtable briefings
- Provide staff expertise for responding to key national security issues of concern.
- Conduct research for and prepares documents and briefings to inform and advise senior leadership.
- Prepare and maintain politicomilitary overviews for assigned countries and provide politico-military overview briefings, as required.
- Draft and review branch products, coordinate responses, and provide input to other Middle East/North Africa Brach country and regional products.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This is a Non-Key Security Cooperation (SC) position based on the duties and responsibilities. The position requires DoD SC Workforce (SCW) Certification. The incumbent must complete certification-related training requirements.
- TDY travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- This is a testing designated position. Personnel must pass drug screening prior to hiring and will be subject to periodic and random drug testing thereafter, IAW AR600-85.
- This position is designated as Mission Essential. Employee can be required to remain on duty or report for duty during contingency operations or other emergency situations.
- Commensurate with mission requirements, the incumbent can be required to work overtime and other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays. Call back and emergency duty are regular requirements of this position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org