Workplace: GreenMatters srl offices, Renewable Energy House, Brussels (home office as required by COVID-19 restrictions).
Status: Full-time contract
We are looking for a dynamic and independent team player to fill the position of a Thematic Expert for Environment and Resource Efficiency for the Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform comprising the areas of protection and development of natural and cultural heritage (incl. biodiversity), resource efficiency, green growth, eco-innovation and environmental performance management (incl. circular economy). The Thematic Expert must be able to quickly grasp complex information and accurately assess relevant policy developments at local, regional, national and European level.
S/he must possess excellent written and oral English skills and should be an enthusiastic communicator showing experience in public speaking and moderation of online and onsite events. The ideal candidate understands European urban and regional policy and builds on her/his experience in organising events and in drafting high-quality written material for policy makers and relevant stakeholders. S/he must hold a relevant academic degree and have professional experience in the policy areas of resource efficiency and environment and the related tasks specified below. Enjoying working in an international, fast-changing and demanding policy environment., as well as the clear ambition to continuously enlarge and enrich her/his portfolio of professional skills, are perceived as valuable assets for her/his contributions to the successful implementation of the Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform.
- Analysing the work of Interreg Europe projects and their good practices and policy instruments related to regional development in the field of environment and resource efficiency;
- Producing high-quality written material addressed to policy makers and practitioners of regional development policies (policy briefs, articles, stories, etc.);
- Organising events (online, onsite): Agenda development, speaker relations, content validation, moderation and active facilitation of policy learning events such as online discussions, webinars, workshops, peer reviews and conferences;
- Reviewing and commenting policy measures in the areas of protection and development of natural and cultural heritage (incl. biodiversity), resource-efficiency, green growth, eco-innovation and environmental performance management (incl. circular economy).
The Ideal Profile
- High-level training/degree in a related field;
- Professional experience in the policy areas of resource efficiency and environment;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, mother tongue or similar level;
- Practice-proven communication, presentation and moderation skills (in English);
- High degree of independence and autonomous organisation of work;
- Analytical skills and attention to high-quality, accurate work;
- Quick and active learner with the ambition to continuously enlarge and enrich her/his thematic expertise, as well as her/his portfolio of professional skills;
- Outgoing personality with excellent manners who enjoys teamwork in an international, demanding and fast-changing policy environment. Availability and flexibility to travel across the whole EU territory;
- Digital proficiency;
- Understanding of the European institutions and previous experience in EU regional and urban policy, as well as working with local and regional authorities, are an asset;
- The candidate must have a residence permit that allows him/her to work in the EU.
- A motivational letter;
- Your CV;
- A short example of your written work i.e. an article (max 1 A4 page).
- A full-time permanent contract under Belgian law;
- An inspiring work environment in the heart of the EU district in an international team, with the opportunity to interact EU-wide;
- A high-profile job that will give you plenty of opportunities to further grow professionally and personally.
Desired start: ASAP, latest 3rd January 2022
Please send your application by email by 26 September 2021.
Only interview candidates shall be notified. Interviews take place in Brussels or online in the week of 4-8 October.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org