Starting date: Oct - Dec 2021
Minimum: 8 to 15 years of professional work experience
Apply quickly: rolling evaluation as applications come in
Prospex Institute is looking for an experienced consultant with a background in co-creation and strategy, stakeholder engagement, facilitation, research & innovation, participatory processes, and related methods. The tasks comprise facilitating and managing the implementation of stakeholder engagement and strategic processes in international projects (including EU Horizon research projects) in various fields (e.g. biodiversity restoration, circular economy, energy, life sciences, food safety) with diverse stakeholders (from government, business, research to civil society and citizens).
Engagement, co-creation & facilitation
- Develop strategies and approaches on engaging with specific stakeholder groups, mindful of concerns for diversity and inclusivity;
- Develop proposals for courses of action and planning across organisations & countries, supporting implementation and evaluation;
- Design and facilitate/moderate participatory and co-creation processes, including multi-stakeholder, analogue, digital & hybrid ones;
- Alliance building and networking with key stakeholder groups, contributing to proposals;
- Devise and supervise stakeholder mapping and related activities.
- Oversee projects for engagement of diverse stakeholders on societally relevant issues in Europe and beyond;
- Guide and supervise project teams;
- Supervise the implementation of short-term consultancy projects;
- Guide and contribute to the creation of reports and publications and transferring research into materials and tools usable in stakeholder and citizen engagement;
- Participation in meetings and events across Europe (COVID-19 situation allowing).
Potential additional tasks, depending on your profile
- Strategy development & foresight: devise and facilitate participatory strategy and foresight processes;
- Socio-economic assessment/research: guide and perform assessments and analyses on a variety of topics, e.g., market assessments, sustainability analyses.
Degree & expertise
- An adequate academic qualification (minimum: Master’s degree) in a relevant field;
- Expertise in co-creative, dialogue, participatory processes;
- Asset: background in one of the following fields: (a) Strategy development & foresight; (b) Socio-economic assessment/research.
Experience & interests
- 8 to 15 years’ professional experience;
- Passionate about dialogue processes and engagement of citizens and stakeholders, also in advanced content, research and technical fields;
- Interested in a variety of topics including sustainability, research and innovation.
Skills & attitudes
- Excellent skills in designing processes and in building rapport with diverse groups and personalities;
- Very good analytical skills combined with organisational and project management skills;
- Ability to guide and support teams in implementing projects;
- A team player and able to work independently, with a professional, open-minded and pro-active, respectful and user-/client-friendly attitude.
Language, location & travel
- An excellent command of English; other languages an important asset;
- Willing to work with basis in Brussels; familiarity with the Belgian and/or EU environment an asset;
- Willing to travel frequently, also internationally, between 1 day and several days per month (COVID-19 situation allowing).
- The opportunity for meaningful contribution to addressing society’s challenges;
- Inclusion in international, high-level projects;
- A competitive salary package in line with position and experience;
- Opportunities to help shape the development of a fast-growing organization;
- An innovative, inspiring, and positive work environment with an open team culture;
- A combination of content and engagement-oriented work and of team and self-guided work.
- A highly professional, internationally recognised and growing non-for-profit organization;
- Contributing to key topics with society – for society;
- A multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team in different locations in Europe;
- Working with top level partners across Europe and beyond;
- Headquartered in Brussels, Belgium, with an international network and reach;
- More at www.prospex-institute.org.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Your online application needs to be complete and include:
- One-page motivation letter one-page letter);
- Your updated and complete CV;
- Copies of diplomas and certificates;
- Your expected brut remuneration;
- A minimum of 2 references with contact details;
- Examples of your work as adequate.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org