We are at a critical time for wave & tidal energy.
The drive to Net Zero and the importance of greater energy independence creates a huge need for diverse sources of renewable energy.
Ocean energy needs to be scaled up asap, to work with wind, solar and other renewables to power Europe’s energy transition. The European Commission recognises this and has set ambitious deployment targets for ocean energy by 2025 and 2030.
Scaling up an industry requires supportive funding and policy, and OEE is committed to delivering this for Europe’s ocean energy sector.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & experienced Policy Officer to join us on this mission!
- Policy Advocacy - RED III, Fit for 55, Offshore RES Strategy, European Funding programmes:
- Write policy documents - from position papers to fully-fledged published reports such as the 'Powering Homes Today' report;
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with European decision-makers in the Commission & Parliament, and with national decision-makers in key countries;
- Build good relations and work collaboratively with industry stakeholders - technology & project developers, academics, supply chain actors, regional authorities.
- Policy Analysis:
- Consult sector stakeholders and extract useful data, analysis and perspectives.
- Inform OEE Members - e.g. events & briefings on key funding & policy developments;
- Represent the association at events and meetings to a professional standard;
- Organise and shape the programme for meetings, events and webinars;
- Work with the OEE Communications & Events team to strengthen OEE and the sector’s profile;
- Assist with any OEE matters - e.g. membership recruitment, conference organisation, project applications.
S/he will be a part of Ocean Energy Europe’s policy team and report to the Policy Director.
- Mandatory: Minimum 3 years experience in relevant field(s);
- Mandatory: University degree in relevant field (political sciences/economy/environment…);
- Mandatory: Excellent oral and written English (proven);
- Mandatory: Proven experience with policy formation;
- Asset: Deep understanding of the Energy/Renewables sectors at EU and world levels;
- Asset: Speaker-level in other languages, particularly French, Spanish and Dutch;
- Asset: Experience in Horizon 2020, Interreg, LIFE and other programmes.
- Creative: can spot opportunities to help the sector develop;
- Precise: can write clearly, concisely & convincingly;
- Personable: can quickly establish good relationships; a team-player who is sharing and caring;
- Motivated: enthusiastic about the ocean energy sector and renewable energies; keen to understand the industry’s technological, commercial and financial needs;
- Flexible: available to travel when required.
We assume all candidates will be able to prioritise, work under pressure, on budget and to tight deadlines, have an eye for detail, etc…
Ocean Energy Europe offers an attractive salary and benefits package under Belgian law.
- 3-year fixed term contract – followed by full time contract depending on activity;
- Based in Brussels at OEE offices with partial remote working possibilities.
How to apply - by Friday 1 July COB
Send CV and motivation letter addressed to Donagh Cagney, Policy Director, [email protected].
CVs in “Europass” format or other institutional templates will not be considered.
Start: As soon as possible
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org