Freshfel Europe seeks a Trade Policy Advisor to join a highly motivated and dynamic Brussels-based secretariat. Freshfel Europe is the European Fresh Produce Association, representing the interests of fresh fruits and vegetables supply chain in Europe and beyond. Freshfel Europe, based in Brussels, currently has over 200 members, including both companies and national associations. More information can be found via www.freshfel.org.
- Monitor and analyse EU trade policy with relevance to fresh fruit and vegetables. Formulate, present and defend the association’s positions on various dossiers on EU international and intra-EU trade, EU customs policy, market access conditions and other related agriculture policy matters.
- Coordinate and develop positions, responses to consultations, guidance documents, technical briefings, explanatory notes, statistical analysis, etc.
- Assist Freshfel Europe members with day-to-day queries on EU trade policy and topical regulatory issues
- Contribute to the association’s communication activities such as newsletter, social media monitoring and management, event management, public and media relations.
- Build constructive working relationship with members, key stakeholders and public authorities
- Provide clear and concise information to internal and external audiences.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- University-level education, preferably in economics, law or international relations.
- Professional experience related to the profile will be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and their legislative decision-making processes.
- Fluent (preferably native) in English required. Fluent in German and /or Spanish is an advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office, social media, CMS).
- Strong writing, interpretive and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Very good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Dynamic, creative, proactive, and able take initiative and work in a small team.
- Brussels based position and a Belgian contract.
- Position in an exciting international environment, in a small but positive and active team.
- Salary in line with experience and qualifications.
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your CV with an accompanying motivation letter, before 10th August 2022 with the reference ‘Trade Policy Advisor: [your name]’.
CVs and motivation letters will only be considered if sent in English. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org