DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across various sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, Conflict Prevention and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, Cardno, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded by a wide array of clients, including USAID, E.U., MCC, UN, USDA, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID, and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives worldwide. For more information, please see: DT Global.
Promoting gender, equality, disability and social inclusion is critical in achieving effective, sustainable, contextually relevant and impactful programming. The Gender Equity, Disability, and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) Senior Manager will work in DT Global’s Learning and Innovation (L&I) Practice Area to provide technical leadership across DT Global to ensure that GEDSI is integrated into all aspects of DT Global’s values, business development, programming and operations across all Practice Areas, Departments and geographies. The candidate will lead the integration of gender sensitive programming elements at both the proposal and program implementation stages in accordance with global best practice and donor and DT Global requirements. The GEDSI Senior Manager will participate in strategy and business development, program implementation, and program monitoring and evaluation in relation to integration of gender, disability, and social inclusion. The candidate will be responsible for the following essential functions:
- Provide technical leadership to Senior Management, Program Management Units (PMUs), and business development teams to ensure that there is innovative and contextually relevant integration of gender, disability, and social inclusion into corporate values, proposals, work-plans, and programming across DT Global geographies
- Design and deliver realistic and pragmatic strategies and programming interventions to ensure the promotion of gender equality, disability equity, women’s empowerment, and inclusion of under-represented groups that will lead to positive gender equity and social inclusion outcomes, including by strengthening existing tools, frameworks, methodologies, and resources
- Work with project GEDSI focal points to facilitate processes for establishing and gathering GEDSI best practices in order to learn from and strengthen activities and ensure that GEDSI is incorporated into programming and planning
- When needed, assist the PMUs, field teams and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) managers to develop, track and report against gender indicators and disaggregate data by gender to analyze results
- Assist program teams in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems, processes and indicators across Practice Areas and programs
- Design and conduct gender and social inclusion assessments, reviews and audits that can inform programming in a way that ensures women and other under-represented groups are included in a meaningful way
- Provide technical and writing support to business development and program management teams to incorporate GEDSI into all proposals and work-plans
- Design and provide trainings, as well as technical support and advice to home office and field program staff with respect to gender, disability and social inclusion activities
- Prepare communications materials that highlight DT Global’s gender, disability, and social inclusion programming, successes and lessons learned
- Relevant degree in gender studies, international development, social science, social or public policy, or a related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience, with at least eight in gender and social inclusion program / strategy design and implementation, including a mix of field and home office program management
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in gender and social inclusion theory, analytical work, and trends in current programming and donor policy
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender, disability, and social inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in addressing issues related to safeguarding
- Experience in proposal development and writing, including integrating gender and social inclusion methodology, best practices, and design into proposals
- Experience in developing training materials and providing in-person or remote trainings to staff with differing exposure with gender, disability, and social inclusion issues
- Familiarity with donor polices, such as USAID’s gender, disability, and social inclusion policies, Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy, Disability Policy Paper and the LGBT Vision for Action
- Strong organizational and communication skills and ability to work calmly under high stress and in a very fast paced environment
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of complex information so that it can be presented in a simple and easy to understand way
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and between home office and the field projects and inspire cooperation and buy-in
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments at 20-40% time
- Working proficiency in Arabic, French, or Spanish is preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org