The European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) is a award-winning international think tank that conducts cutting-edge independent research and promote informed debate across Europe on the development of coherent, effective, and values-based European foreign policy. We have been providing a uniquely Pan-European perspective to some of the biggest strategic challenges in Europe with a network of offices in seven European capitals. Our offices are platforms for research, debate, advocacy, and communications. Check our website for more information www.ecfr.eu
We are seeking a Web Designer who will have full ownership over the website including project management, UX design and front-end development. You will be involved in web-related duties as monitoring web traffic, helping with the technical aspects of the CMS and CRM as well as giving related technical support to staff in all offices of ECFR.
As part of our Communications team and reporting to the Head of Communications, you will also provide support in its day-to-day operations as needed.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Full ownership of the website: You will take the lead in keeping ECFR’s website fresh, usable and performant. You will also be the guardian of our website’s compliance with accessibility, privacy (GDPR) and copyright regulations, and with our corporate branding.
- Web design and development: You will design new sections, features, and digital publications in Figma in coordination with our Digital Graphic Designer. You will be touching the code of our WordPress template on a daily basis, tweaking our website and adding new features as needed. You will have a say in whether projects require to hire contractors for design or development and will coordinate with them as needed.
- Overseeing our back-end: You will need to have a deep understanding of ECFR's website back-end (servers and architecture), and of our CMS setup with WordPress. You will create new features and sections by leveraging our CMS and will liaise with contractors on the back-end and certain projects (i.e. web specials).
- Enabling the team to use our website: You will support staff to upload content to the website (including publications). You will provide support and training to our staff in using WordPress and will keep the web handbook up to date.
- Analytics and reporting: You will leverage web analytics tools such as Matomo and Google Analytics to understand how our content is performing and how our users interact with our website, in order to produce reports to inform other departments and to improve the user experience design of our website.
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable portfolio of web design and front-end development achievements
- Competence with UX prototyping tools such as Figma and Sketch
- Competence in web analytics tools such as Matomo and Google Analytics.
- Full professional proficiency in English
Any of the following skills will be an advantage:
- Experience in digital project management and relations with contractors.
- Familiarity with design systems
- Familiarity with Git versioning and GitHub
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards and best practices
- Competence in SEO and web performance best practices (e.g. Core Web Vitals)
- Familiarity with PowerBI, Tableau, Google Data Studio or similar
- Interpersonal skills and social competence to interact with people of all levels in a confident and professional manner
- Flexible, friendly and with ability to takes initiative and react accordingly
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multinational team
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Option to partly work from home
- An exciting environment in an innovative and repute pan-European think tank
- An open and appreciative culture within the organization
- High level of personal responsibility
- Committed multicultural and diverse colleagues from across Europe
- A modern workplace in one of the cities where ECFR offices are located
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org