- You will be responsible for monitoring and conducting research and analysis on the current state of play across a broad range of European policy issues relevant for the steel industry;
- You will develop and implement strategies and action plans to engage the organisation in EU legislative proposals and policies;
- You will support the team with the development of engagement strategies and messaging;
- You will draft high-quality memos, policy briefings, presentations and policy analysis on short timelines;
- You will develop/maintain relationships with the EU institutions trade union and civil society actors as well as think tanks at the European level and exchange information related to priority topics of tkSE;
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for planning, implementation, preparation, and follow-up of meetings;
- You will represent the company externally in industry associations and through being a visible and credible advocate for the industry, besides that you will contribute to the advocacy and communication excellence of the company.
- University degree and min. 3 years of experience in EU Institutions, EU Policy and Government Affairs roles at consulting firms, corporations or think tank;
- An established network and sound knowledge of European policy in various fields that are connected to sustainability, climate, industrial transformation and/or energy;
- Experience in political advocacy, project and event management/design;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in German and English are a must, other languages are a plus;
- Effective communication (written and spoken) with internal and external stakeholders in both languages;
- Ability to find consensus amongst wide range of opinions and to work with different functions, teams and seniority levels;
- Team player with commitment to excellence and diplomacy and negotiation skills.
At thyssenkrupp Steel you will find the freedom to broaden your horizons: thanks to flexible working time models, internationally composed teams and a wide range of individual training opportunities. We are on the path of transformation towards climate-neutral steel production and offer an exciting, innovative, future-oriented and collegial working environment. If you want to join us on this journey, please apply now and indicate the job title and reference number JR0000011013 in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org