ICTJ seeks a Grant and Finance Officer with experience in administrative and financial management to ensure compliance with EU finance and administrative procedures, Belgian national legislations, and other related organizational policies. This position is based in Brussels or The Hague. The Finance Officer will report to ICTJ’s Head of Office.
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, Brussels and The Hague, and under the guidance and coordination with ICTJ´s Director of Finance and Administration, the Grants and Finance Officer will:
(1) Lead the administrative and financial management of European Union (EU) grants to:
· Ensure financial oversight and coordination of EU funded projects.
· Ensure the administrative and financial management of all transactions of EU grants including preparation of financial reports for management decisions across the countries, preparation of consolidated expenditures reports, statements and financial compliance, reporting, invoicing, and disbursement.
· Coordinate with national and regional partner organisations at the local level to ensure compliance with EU reporting, administrative and procurement rules and procedures.
· Monitor the cash flow and expenditure levels of EU grants and related coding (fund, activity, etc.).
· Provide support to country offices during statutory and/or grant audits (i.e., gathering support for payments made from HQ, running financial reports and preparing for submission to auditors, reviewing audit drafts and comments, etc.).
· Advise field staff on project management rules and procedures and provide training on grants management as necessary.
· Coordinate audits for Brussels office and field offices.
(2) Manage day-to-day financial operations of the Brussels Office including:
· Preparing, managing, and implementing the Brussels office projects budget.
· Following up on financial transactions, record and reconcile all payments and receipts in a timely manner.
· Preparing monthly expense and financial reports in compliance with ICTJ policies.
· Ensuring control over cash management.
(3) Provide support during projects financial audits.
(4) Assist with annual institutional audit
(5) Lead the procurement of goods and services in compliance with ICTJ and EU policies.
(6) Liaise with HQ and any other ICTJ International office managers as necessary on financial issues and meet all donor requirements and deadlines.
(7) Maintain Grants Receivable schedule and update unrestricted and temporarily restricted schedules monthly
(8) Willing to travel occasionally.
(9) Perform other duties as necessary and as requested.
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Commerce, Business Administration or Financial Management required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of proven experience in financial management of EU grants.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
1. Experience of EU grant and financial management is essential.
2. Experience in reporting and accounting in the not-for-profit sector, including donor reporting.
3. Experience with budget preparation and oversight.
4. Experience across a range of finance functions (accounting, reporting, audit, etc.).
5. Familiarity with the national tax law and regulations.
6. High level of professionalism and attention to detail.
Ability to work in an intensive and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of partners.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with Finance staff, Program staff, vendors and clients.
9. Proficiency in MS Office Applications, especially Word and Excel, is required. Experience in Pastel or Quick Books is desirable.
10. Strong written and oral skills in both English and French; native fluency in at least one.
This is a one-year contract which may be extended, depending on performance and the availability of funding.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references with the job title “Grants and Finance Officer, Brussels” in the subject line of the email.
The deadline to apply is 31 January 2023. Online or in person interviews will take place during the first half of February 2023. The foreseen start date is February 2023. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org