Confcommercio-Imprese per l'Italia - the Italian General Confederation of Enterprises, Professions and Self-Employment - counts more than 700,000 enterprises, making it the largest employer organization in Italy. Our Delegation to the European Union, based in Brussels, is seeking for: Senior Policy Adviser.
- Monitoring and assessing the EU legislative and policy activities;
- Candidates must have experience in one of the following areas:
- Competition, Internal Market, Trade, and Agrifood;
- Economic and financial affairs (Credit, investment, digital payments);
- Green transition;
- Employment and social affairs, Digital Transition.
- Keeping the System informed of the activities at EU level in these areas;
- Drafting position papers and policy briefs;
- Representing the interests of Confcommercio to institutional stakeholders (e.g. Officials of the European Commission and Permanent Representations in Brussels, MEPs);
- Liaising with non-institutional stakeholders (companies and associations) in the relevant sectors;
- Participating in EuroCommerce working groups;
- Supporting the organization of events.
- Italian mother tongue;
- Master's degree in law, international relations, political science, or economics;
- Detailed knowledge of EU Institutions and decision-making process;
- Minimum 3/5 years of experience in Public Policy or Government Affairs roles, preferably in consulting firms, companies, trade associations or EU Institutions;
- Previous experience in one of the EU Institutions is an advantage;
- The ability to work on files both independently and as part of a team;
- Proactivity and strong analytical skills;
- The ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in person and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in English is essential; any other language is an advantage.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages) in English or in Italian by EMAIL ONLY to [email protected].
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org