Are you ready for an exciting opportunity that offers professional growth? Do you want to utilize cutting edge approaches and technology to identify and mitigate emerging threats within our client environments, all while helping support important missions? Are you a problem solver and an innovator with a passion for investigating illicit acts by U.S. adversaries in order to protect our national interests? Deloitte's Investigations & Intelligence (I&I) team could be the place for you! We help clients gather and understand vast amounts of information; analyze it through deep understanding of their regulatory, administrative, criminal or executive authorities; and produce tailored insights that inform enforcement or other legal actions. Join our team and begin tackling these critical issues in a collaborative team environment.
Work you'll do
- The Deloitte Government and Public Service (GPS) Counter-Malign Influence (CMI) team is seeking a Media Monitoring Analyst to support federal clients in the foreign policy space.
- This analyst will join a fast-paced team of professionals conducting impactful and mission-oriented work identifying, analyzing, and mitigating threats in the information environment, to include disinformation.
- The ideal candidate will be analytically minded, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and team-oriented. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of U.S. foreign policy, particularly as it relates to Eastern Europe, and will be able to read, understand, and ideally speak Ukrainian or Russian at an intermediate or advanced working proficiency.
- The Media Monitoring Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Producing, as part of a team, analytic insight reports for clients in the foreign policy space.
- Creating, as part of a team or individually, ad hoc reports on key foreign affairs topics.
- Preparing and/or delivering briefings and/or trainings to clients in the foreign policy space.
- Remaining apprised of relevant current events and developments in foreign policy.
- Leveraging social sensing and other open-source intelligence (OSINT) tools.
- Conducting research and analysis in multiple languages (English and Ukrainian or Russian).
- Being a team player and taking on additional duties as needed to support teammates.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The I&I team supports our GPS clients by delivering capabilities across the investigative lifecycle in the regulatory, civilian, law enforcement, health, and national security domains. Our professionals help our clients to identify, combat, and mitigate national security threats such as fraud, money laundering, sanctions violations, cybercrime, threats of terrorism, human trafficking, narcotics trafficking, litigations, and disputes.
- Bachelor's degree in International Affairs, Political Science, or related field.
- Ability to read, understand, and ideally speak Ukrainian or Russian at an intermediate or advanced working proficiency.
- Possess a strong understanding of U.S. foreign policy, particularly as it relates to Eastern Europe.
- Experience in intelligence and investigations, ideally Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience living in or working with Ukraine or Russia, or other post-Soviet states.
- Familiarity with, and interest in, counter-disinformation or information operations.
- Experience in social sensing or media monitoring.
- Experience with data analytics or other forms of analysis.
- A U.S. security clearance is preferred, but not required.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org