Verisk Maplecroft is a global risk intelligence company providing unparalleled insight into sustainability, resilience, and ESG issues, underpinned by best-in-class geospatial data and analytics. Verisk Maplecroft’s combination of expert insight and data-driven solutions enables multinational companies and investors to identify and successfully manage political, economic, human rights, and environmental risks.
We have a vacancy for a Political Risk Analyst with knowledge and experience in Russia and the FSU. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical capabilities and confidence in using quantitative data to drive analytical conclusions. The analyst will support the team in generating in-depth and forward-looking analyses of political, regulatory, economic, social, and security developments in Russia and the FSU, as well as the wider region, for a range of clients.
- Producing high-quality, data-led, and client-relevant analysis on political, regulatory, economic, social, and security issues across Russia and the FSU
- Providing qualitative inputs into Verisk Maplecroft’s suite of risk indices
- Conducting custom research and analysis for consulting projects
- Providing insights and analysis to clients via analyst calls, briefings, and presentations
- Promoting Verisk Maplecroft’s brand through thought leadership, attendance at external events, engagement with journalists/media outlets, and more
- Supporting members of the sales team with business development activities
- Developing Verisk Maplecroft’s network of sources and contacts across portfolio countries
- Contributing innovative ideas and solutions to support improvements in product offerings and internal processes
Maplecroft Core Values
Maplecroft is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Maplecroft values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Russia and the FSU
- Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, or another relevant field is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Robust quantitative skills and experience in data visualization will be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with external audiences
- Excellent written and spoken English, and competency in relevant regional languages
- An ability to thrive in an environment of robust peer review
- Some professional experience in a relevant field, including political risk analysis, consulting, or journalism is preferred
- Experience working with the natural resource, financial, and/or insurance sectors will be a plus
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org