The Coordinating Security Specialist (CSS) is an integral member of the Americas Regional Security Centre (RSC). They will provide basic assessment, advice, coordination and monitoring support to clients as part of a 24-7 regional security operations capability.
The CSS is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of high-quality written and verbal travel security briefings on request to travelers, international assignees and corporate security managers. The CSS will provide travel security advice to clients and will support client and RSC situational awareness by monitoring, drafting alerts and escalating developing travel security issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delivery of best-in-class bespoke verbal and written travel security assessments to challenging multinational client base operating in complex countries
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate security or disruption issues affecting business travelers and the aviation industry in line with guidance from regional and functional analysts, including monitoring key crisis escalation indicators
• Maintain continuous awareness of the regional and aviation security environment through detailed research pertaining to the Americas region and global aviation
• Set up, coordinate and monitor clients travelling in complex working environments using innovative technology
• Support security consultancy tasks as required
• As required, conduct travel to priority countries to assess current situation, and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
• Build thorough understanding of all current events affecting regional / global business travel and learn the approach to providing written and verbal travel advice and briefs to clients.
• To become fully conversant with and follow all systems and procedures. To attend regular training courses relating to the work of Travel Security Services and other wider security related training as agreed with line management.
• Degree-level qualification in politics, international relations or related subject, or equivalent work experience.
• Post-graduate qualification in politics, international relations or related subject or equivalent work experience desirable.
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Interest in international affairs and the global security environment.
• Knowledge of political and security issues in the Americas region.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex situations to non-expert audiences.
• Interpersonal skills.
• International experience (work and personal).
• Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other applications.
• Willingness to work outside of normal duty hours, in support of team operations, particularly in times of crisis or emergency.
• Excellent English (spoken and written)
• Effective operational proficiency or advanced proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese desirable
Travel / Rotation Requirements
• Flexible working hours and shift work.
Desirable Work Experience
• Proven experience in travel- or security-related field: military, public safety, government, NGO, human rights, journalism; or relevant academic studies
• Experience in writing for senior management and business decision-makers
• Customer service/ client facing experience (for example, sales)
Additional Critical Qualities
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to learn and adapt to new procedures and operating protocols
• Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with colleagues from different cultures and ethnic backgrounds
• Ability to maintain high professional standards at all times
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org