Land O’Lakes Venture37 is preparing for an anticipated USAID/Sri Lanka Economic Modernization Activity with a potential procurement release date later in 2023/early 2024. The purpose of the Sri Lanka Economic Modernization Activity is to improve Sri Lankan economic competitiveness through an improved business enabling environment, agriculture sector efficiency, increased small and medium business export competitiveness, and upgraded workforce capacity.
The DCOP will manage day-to-day project operations collaborating with human resources, operations, finance, logistics, security, and procurement staff and ensuring these functions are fully aligned with programmatic priorities and objectives. S/he will support the COP to ensure that project activities are contextually appropriate and meet all USAID objectives for the project. The position will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Sri Lankan citizens are encouraged to apply.
- Assist the COP to develop and execute project workplans using the appropriate operational support.
- Provide oversight in all areas of operations including administration, grants management, human resources, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting, IT, and translation.
- Oversee grants and sub-contracts in compliance with Venture37 and USAID policies and regulations; and ensure that they support the technical needs of the program.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key stakeholders, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Provide or facilitate capacity building and training to team and partners as needed.
- Assist the COP in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions.
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party when required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree (e.g. BA/BS) in international development, economics, business management, or agriculture, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience, preferably in Sri Lanka, leading international donor-supported programs.
- Background in finance, grants management and/or project operations.
- Proven leadership skills building and managing cooperative, high-level relationships and motivating diverse teams.
- Expertise in USAID rules and regulations (ADS, FAR) and USAID procurement regulations (22 CFR 228).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- English and Sinhala oral and written fluency.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An advanced degree (e.g. Master’s) in agribusiness, international development, economics, business management, agricultural or other relevant field.
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated senior management experience managing relevant donor-funded programs.
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org