Start of function: TBD
Reports to: EU Partnerships Director
Founded in 1950, World Vision is a global Christian relief, development, and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty, violence, disaster, and injustice. World Vision has over 33,000 staff in nearly 100 countries. World Vision collaborates with others in pursuit of positively impacting the most vulnerable children, their families, and communities around the world.
The EU Partnerships Specialist will contribute to the optimal functioning of WV EU Representation (EUREP) and to the achievement of one of its strategic objectives: facilitation of the development of sustained and increased EU revenue by EUREP members and their partners. More specifically, the EU Partnerships Specialist will contribute to WV Partnership’s relations with the European Union in order to increase income, influence and impact for World Vision’s development programmes.
- Support implementation of the EUREP Strategy for EU funding with the relevant European Union’s institutions, in particular DG INTPA, DG NEARn the Foreign Policy Instrument and EU Delegations;
- Support grants acquisition for EU external development aid and if needed other EC funding instruments:
- Identify and grow new business opportunities relevant for WV aspirations; advise and guide colleagues in the WV Partnership accordingly;
- Develop a robust ‘pipeline of proposals’ of funding opportunities submitted to the European Union with a strong focus on positioning for large opportunities/direct awards that are in line with WV’s objectives and areas of expertise;
- Provide support, coaching and advise during the process of proposal development, so that applications are meeting WV quality standard and are compliant with EU rules and regulations;
- Collaborate actively with the other members of the team, specifically the EU and ECHO Partnerships Specialists, as well as the Advocacy and Policy team, to ensure coherence and quality of the actions developed.
- Support the implementation of the team planning for European Union external development engagement:
- Gather intel within EU institutions on forthcoming opportunities, EC financing decisions and strategic priorities, and advise World Vision colleagues on ways to influence programming;
- Support the arrangement and preparation of relevant meetings with EU officials for EUREP members and other key WV visiting stakeholders;
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting, revenue generating relationships with EU officials in Brussels and in the field where relevant;
- Support priority WV country offices in designing their local engagement plans for EU funding and implement them.
- Capacity building on EU donorship:
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of a capacity-building training plan aimed at equipping the WV Partnership with adequate knowledge on EU funding;
- Ensure that World Vision staff at all levels are well-informed about changing EU rules and regulations;
- Develop guidelines and policies that will enable World Vision to increase its capacity to effectively implement EU contracts and to manage risks.
- Internal and external communication within the World Vision Partnership and with INGO peers.
- Good knowledge of EU Development aid and institutions;
- Experience in EU development aid grant acquisition, management and grant compliance procedures in the field and/or HQ;
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in supporting development programmes/project operations;
- Coordination, interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills, allowing to bring together different stakeholders to achieve the envisioned objectives and ability to steer such processes;
- Significant experience in training, capacity-building, and mentoring; able to manage team members or eager to learn and grown management skills;
- Budgetary, financial management skills, experience in MEAL tools and/or expertise in the development aid sector is a plus;
- Masters Degree in a relevant field;
- Strong written and spoken communication in English. Spanish and/or French is an asset;
- Ability to travel occasionally;
- Subscribes to the Vision and Mission of World Vision. Recognises him/herself in the core values of World Vision.
We offer a full-time permanent contract to start as soon as possible and a work environment where good team spirit, collaboration and personal development are held high.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you match the job description to [email protected] and [email protected] with the subject line “First Name + Last Name – EU Partnerships Specialist” by 6th October 2023 5 pm (CET).
Due to limited resources, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to individual queries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org