ShelterBox is a non-governmental organization (NGO) committed to providing emergency shelter and support for families affected by natural disasters and conflicts worldwide. In our continuous pursuit of enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our humanitarian projects, we are seeking an experienced project manager with a strong background in developing and constructing humanitarian project management workflows and governance processes. A significant amount of work has already taken place internally on this. This consultancy aims to support the Deputy Director of International Programmes at ShelterBox in finalizing our Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework, mapping against the current Grant Management Systems, and incorporating Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs).
ShelterBox would like the PCM process to be completed and rolled out to the department by the end of February 2024. To support this, we plan to roll out the PCM in a staged approach, delivering each section of the PCM (Initiation, Design, Implementation/ monitoring and Closure) once it has been completed.
ShelterBox is currently going through a Business System Transformation (BST) process, in which several IT solutions are being upgraded or introduced across the departments. This will include introducing a cloud-based program, project, and grant management IT solution in the latter half of 2024. The PCM process for the programmes team will lay the foundation for this system, and we aim to use the PCM development time to consider the requirements and architecture for this system.
ShelterBox is seeking to engage a Humanitarian Project Cycle Management Consultant to facilitate finalizing our Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework.
The primary objectives of this consultancy position are:
• PCM Framework Enhancement: Collaborate with ShelterBox's Deputy Director of Programmes to finalize and enhance the ShelterBox Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework, ensuring alignment with international best practices and the integration of
•Grants and MEAL SoPs. It will also map, review and support clear linkages with the previously developed Grant Management Cycle.
• Project Governance Framework – Alongside the PCM framework develop a project governance framework that supports the PCM delivery, division of responsibility within decision making and portfolio management and learning.
• Workflow construction Design and refine a comprehensive project management workflow within the PCM framework that encompasses 4 key areas - project initiation, design, implementation and monitoring, and closure phases.
• Toolkit Development: Create a practical and user-friendly toolkit that incorporates templates, tools, and guidelines to facilitate the effective implementation of the PCM framework across ShelterBox's projects – including decision making gates, and RASCI modelling.
• Roll out and training – There will be a stage roll out of the PCM once each section of the PCM has been completed. The training will be conducted internally but the consultant will be expected to support the preparation for these training sessions.
• Resource / Manual Production: Develop a resource that provides clear instructions for project managers and staff on how to proficiently use the PCM framework, toolkit, and MEAL SoPs. This would be constructed in a way that can be upgraded to an online resource tool in the future.
• Project Management Automation – As much as possible, in parallel document key areas (data fields, decision making processes) to enable smooth development of the IT system. (Desirable)
Purpose and Scope of Work (SOW):
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks. Indicative timescales have been included:
Expertise & Experience
The ideal candidate for this consultancy position should possess the following qualifications and experience:
Any Questions, please contact Miranda Harington, [email protected]
For the Full PDF ToR please email [email protected] who will get back to you asap.
ShelterBox will review proposals and potentially hold follow-up calls with suppliers who best meet the requirements set out in this ToR with the aim of identifying a successful supplier for the work.
Proposals are required to include the following information and Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org