Just Vision is seeking a Program and Outreach Manager (POM) to develop and implement its strategy to engage key US-based audiences, from thought leaders and policymakers to faith leaders, students, educators, activists and beyond. In addition to developing and maintaining relationships of trust with key stakeholders, the POM will be responsible for designing meaningful and impactful programs using Just Vision’s resources and media as anchors, including our documentaries, journalism and educational and organizing tools. Additionally, the POM will have the ability to curate unique programs – whether it be delegations, briefings, webinars or discussions – that are both proactive and opportunistic; tailored to the needs of specific audiences; and that align with the relationships and expertise we have developed over the last 20 years. This work will be aligned with our overarching goals and mission, integrated with our communications efforts in our broader public engagement strategy, and supported by our Public Engagement Associate.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills; experience as a people manager; and a passion for working on social change efforts, storytelling, journalism and/or the Israeli-Palestinian context. They will report to the Chief of Staff and be part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment as an integral member of a nimble, thoughtful and high-performance team.
- Develop, iterate and implement Just Vision's program and outreach strategy, ensuring that the organization’s efforts are achieving maximum impact. Specifically, review and build on Just Vision’s current program and outreach strategy, taking into account our 20-year body of work and the realities on the ground in Israel-Palestine.
- Proactively identify key moments Just Vision should mobilize around, developing tailored outreach and programs to meet the moment.
- Ensure that Just Vision's outreach and programming efforts are aligned with the goals and mission of the organization.
- Monitor and analyze data and impact to evaluate the effectiveness of Just Vision's program outreach efforts and modify when needed.
Outreach and External Engagement:
- Build, maintain and activate relationships with diverse audiences across the US and Israel-Palestine, including students, educators, organizers, community and faith leaders, journalists, policymakers and more.
- Serve as a key organizational ambassador to and cultivate relationships with organizations and leaders across issue areas beyond Israel-Palestine, including communities of faith, racial justice, reproductive rights, environmental justice, gun safety, immigration, LGBTQ rights and beyond.
- Develop program proposals for and execute events (virtual, hybrid and/or in-person) at universities and colleges, congregations, community centers, think tanks, conferences, and with Just Vision’s community across the US.
- Identify strategic opportunities to develop educational resources that are designed to meet the needs of the key constituencies we engage, and strategically disseminate them, working closely with the Education and Communications Specialist who is responsible for the development of these materials.
- Represent Just Vision at screenings, conferences, workshops and webinars and participate in high-level events on subjects related to our work including media, journalism, storytelling, Israel-Palestine and grassroots movement building.
Management and Internal Coordination:
- Manage the Public Engagement Associate to ensure the successful execution of Just Vision’s events, including film screenings, conferences, public panels, film festivals, webinars and other virtual and in-person events.
- Develop work plans and systems that guide the work of the Programs and Outreach Team and enable the seamless execution of events, communications and campaigns.
- Ensure our programs and outreach strategies are integrated with our communications efforts through regular coordination across all public engagement related staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations, provide feedback and offer professional development opportunities to help team members grow and thrive.
- Oversee the development of content for internal communications including board reports, event digests and reports to keep the team and board coordinated and up to date.
- Ensure that the team accurately tracks our impact and synthesizes key learnings to inform our efforts.
- Maintain and build upon a CRM that facilitates efficient and streamlined engagement with Just Vision’s audience across platforms.
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager with a track record of supporting highly engaged and impactful teams.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in a comparable role in program development, community organizing and/or public engagement.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong research, planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Appetite for working on and a strong understanding of the social, cultural and political landscape in the US, as it relates to the Israeli-Palestinian context, social justice issues and foreign policy matters.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability/comfort working and communicating virtually with remote team members.
- Familiarity and ease working across digital platforms and time zones with an international, multi-lingual team.
- Detail-oriented and organized with a track record of consistently meeting deadlines. Prior non-profit experience is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org