Collaborating closely with the Chief Program Officer (CPO), the Global Grants Manager leads business development across the entire global organization, ensuring the submission of high-quality grant proposals and management of key grant data. The role involves actively contributing to the cultivation of strategic relationships, monitoring business forecasts, managing the pipeline, and liaising with country teams and global colleagues to assess funding opportunities and facilitate the proposal development process. Primarily responsible for the production of impeccable, persuasive grant proposals, reports, and other written materials that secure support from institutional funders.
The Global Grants Manager is responsible for optimizing the internal business development process, which includes researching and identifying funding opportunities, gathering intelligence, writing and submitting global grants, and providing support to country offices in their grant submissions as necessary.
Develops an overall grant calendar and project management procedures to track all grant activity and timelines. Establishes a quality review process and guidelines to ensure grant proposals are complete and in compliance with all requirements. The Global Grants Manager will also maintain the grants management database and dashboard, ensure accuracy and completeness of data, coordinate alignment with the M&E and Finance databases, and provide reports on business development data to the Board of Directors.
Business Development Strategy and Process
- Develops a deep understanding of HealthRight’s mission, vision, programs (past and present), competencies, and relationships and implements a grant-seeking process aligned with the organization's mission and long-term goals. Works with country offices to understand local priorities and needs and ensures intervention design is locally owned and driven.
- Continuously seeks opportunities to optimize grant funding, including portfolio diversity and maximizing yield, project duration, and indirect revenues.
- Maintains a systematic and organized approach to the capture phase -- grant application submissions including weekly business development meetings, innovation meetings, other related processes, and the grants management database.
- Manages the Innovation Launch Pad, an internal meeting every 3-4 months to cultivate new project ideas and engage expertise across all country offices
- Uses data and feedback to improve grant proposals and reporting, monitors, and reports on business development metrics to the executive team.
- Work with the CPO and technical leads to protect HealthRight IP where possible.
- Manages the Business Development Dashboard, formulates related reports as needed and works to improve the dashboard where necessary
Identification of Funding Opportunities:
- Manages the intelligence-gathering process to identify all appropriate funding opportunities from government agencies, private foundations, corporations, and other funding sources as well as regarding the likelihood of funding, competitors, and donor priorities..
- Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with donors and partners to facilitate intelligence gathering and increase grant yield.
- Oversees and guides the Go/No-go process to allocate development resources effectively and maximize grant yield.
- Tracks and supports relationship management of staff with counterparts in institutional donor institutions; prepares meeting agendas and background briefings, participates in meetings, tracks notes and follow-up, and proactively suggests relationship management tactics.
Grant Writing and Proposal Development:
- Writes or oversees the drafting of compelling, high-quality grant proposals and applications that are ultimately successful, driving organizational growth and impact.
- Coordinates proposal development teams and manages teaming agreements/external partnerships in the context of proposal development.
- Ensures grant/intervention key performance indicators (KPIs) map directly to organizational KPIs.
- Ensures all donor deadlines and requirements are met.
- Works with the technical leads, project managers, and the finance team to develop project budgets aligned with grant requirements.
Grant Compliance, Reporting, and Financial Management:
- Creates monthly reports on business development, including pipeline and yield, for the Board of Directors
- Coordinates with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Research and Learning (MEARL) team to ensure accurate and consistent reporting for the Dashboard
- Monitors the award status of grant applications.
- Interfaces with the Finance team on expense tracking and forecasting if needed.
- Supports monitoring of grant agreements, reporting requirements, and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., nonprofit management, public administration, business, or similar).
- 5 years of proven experience in grant writing, research, and management, ideally within the nonprofit sector.
- Strong understanding of grant application processes, regulations, and compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, Open to AI.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of social media, AI, Fluxx/grant seeker, and other evolving tools.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complex databases and make improvements where necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and at a global level.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building and maintaining relationships with funders.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset for assessing project outcomes and impact.
- Demonstrated interest in global health development preferred
- Commitment to health equity and human rights
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
USD $75,000 - USD $87,000 / year
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Start date is immediate.
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line insert Title: Global Grants Manager
No Phone calls, please.
Only applications that meet our basic requirements will be considered.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org