To achieve an organization’s mission, leaders need strong team members who can provide direct execution, strategic, and administration support international partnerships for Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health (ARPA-H). On our team, you will advise the Agency on strategy and collaboration that will further strategic goals and will support health affairs and foreign policy developments.
You'll serve as an International Partnerships Expert Systems Engineering and Technical Assistantance (SETA) helping clients to develop and implement international outreach plans and strategies. You will coordinate analyses and recommendations, manage requirements and incoming actions from posts abroad, and communicate with foreign governments about regional health topics. Your attention to detail, flexibility, communication skills, understanding of the client's mission, and problem-solving will enable the mission's success.
What You’ll Work On:
- Advise senior leadership on Agency strategy and potential collaborations in the assigned region(s), including recommendation on engagements that will further ARPA-H’s strategic goals
- Provide analysis of health and health security issues in the assigned regions including timely and well-written products on health affairs and foreign policy developments, biotechnology and medical technology advances, health services and infrastructure capabilities, health and biomedical research-related policies, regulation and legislation, and leading companies, institutions and organization in the regions
- Support and coordinate participation and engagement on health R&D issues in relevant bilateral, regional, and international organizations, forums, and dialogues
- Develop partnership agreements, engagements, and collaborations with international entities in the region of responsibility with representations for foreign governments, companies, nongovernment organizations, and academic institutions
- Develop and implement international outreach pans and strategies
- Coordinate analyses and recommendations with staff at relevant U.S. and interagency partners as needed
- Leverage regional expertise and support to ARPA-H Program Managers and Mission Offices on executing programmatic efforts and initiatives overseas
- Serve as the point of contract for incoming ARPA-H actions regarding regional health affairs issues
- Prepare briefing memos and talking points on topics within the expert’s portfolio
- Establish and maintain relationship with key interlocutors in the international community to ensure that scientific, technological, economic, social, and health considerations are taken into account when developing and implementing ARPA-H international cooperation strategy
- Collaborate with, back-up, and support other Division teammates
- Travel to international conference and meetings as needed
- Provide administrative support in scheduling meetings, managing logistics, drafting follow-up emails, etc.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 7 years of experience in international relations, international science and technology programs and partnership, or policy involving global health or health security
- Experience in establishing and managing international research partnerships, cooperation, and agreements
- Experience with ARPA
- Experience supporting leadership
- Experience with HHS or NIH
- Ability to be concise, focused, and timely
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree
Nice If You Have:
- Possession of strong research and analytical skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent organization, interpersonal, and coordination skills
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Public Health, Biomedicine or Life Science preferred; Doctorate degree in International Relations, Public Health, Biomedicine or Life Science a plus
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org