We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI makes it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services. The PSI Executive Office supports all PSI staff as they work to fulfill our mission.
The Global Security Unit provides technical guidance, best practices, and incident or crisis management support to all of PSI’s offices globally.
PSI seeks an intern to support two members of the Executive Office staff: Global Security Manager and Chief of Staff. This internship provides an opportunity to work with department staff to provide administrative support, knowledge management, and research initiatives for both departments. The intern will support various administrative, management and technical functions.
Sound like you? Read on.
The intern will support the activities of the Executive Office and Global Security Teams.
Provide administrative and targeted technical support for various projects
- Use Salesforce to track inquiries, outreach, and project activities as needed.
- Support development of communication materials for internal and external stakeholders and ensure translation as needed.
- Coordinate inquiries and responses from internal and external contacts.
- Maintain system of filing, classifying and tracking documentation and support the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking.
- Support social media activities of the President/CEO as needed.
- Monitor a wide variety of media sources to monitor international events;
- Analyze events and incidents to understand how they might impact PSI staff and operations.
- Create or explain SOPs and trainings on a variety of safety and security topics for use in the countries.
- Edit documents and trainings, and ensuring written documents are translated into French and Spanish
- Organize headquarters trainings and related logistics.
- Fulfilling administrative functions, including invoicing and expense reconciling;
- Supporting administrative preparation for key presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Plan a variety of events, including departmental meetings and retreats;
- Maintaining and updating various administrative records, including an internal system of knowledge management and conducting routine website content updates;
- Assisting with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC;
- Assisting in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers and presentations;
- Conducting research and synthesizing reports on a wide variety of topics;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information and assisting with website updates as necessary;
- Oversee translations into French or Spanish;
What are we looking for?
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, including the ability to synthesize large amounts of information into succinct documents;
- Highly detail oriented, even under tight deadlines;
- Experience with data management, indexing and spreadsheets;
- Experience with financial and program management;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance ongoing, long-term, and urgent tasks;
- Ability to work independently with remote supervision at times;
- Interest in health and/or international development preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Global/Public Health, International Affairs, International Business, Non-Profit Management, or similar
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
What would get us excited?
French or Spanish Fluency. You have the ability to translate written documents, respond to emails in French or Spanish, and take part in French or Spanish language conversations.
We’re looking for a self-starter looking to make a difference in the world! This position will require plunging headfirst into tasks, willing to make mistakes while supporting the most vibrant, robust social marketing networks in the world.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*