Join our team at this exciting time as our new President & CEO begins in December 2019. Partner with the President to reintroduce Japan Society for the global era in our second century of promoting mutual understanding between the United States and Japan through innovative programs in arts and culture, public policy, business, language and education. The Director of Global Partnerships is a key player in leveraging international interest in Japan’s culture and economy among US, Japanese and other corporations to raise critical funds to support Japan Society’s programs. As the Director of Global Partnerships, you will lead the team in recruiting new corporate members, maintaining existing accounts, and developing corporate sponsorships for Japan Society’s programs. The Department of Global Partnerships is responsible for raising $3,000,000+ toward Japan Society’s annual operating budget.
The Director of Global Partnerships will design and implement effective strategies to increase corporate funding support among long-standing corporate members as well as businesses in new and emerging sectors such as tech, e-commerce, AI, etc. You will work collaboratively with the other departments in the development team that focus on individual members, large donors, foundations and government funders. You will partner with colleagues in the Development Department and the program areas on cultivation events, Business & Policy programs, and the annual dinner.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to increase overall corporate support for Japan Society including revenue forecasts, and monitor actuals vs. projections;
- Research and identify corporate member prospects; create and implement cultivation strategies to increase overall corporate membership revenues through upgrades, new memberships and cross-selling opportunities such as rentals, Webcast services, and program sponsorships;
- Conduct cultivation visits with existing and potential corporate members, and cultivate members at Japan Society programs on a regular basis throughout the year;
- In coordination with program areas, develop sponsorship proposals, negotiate corporate sponsorship agreements, produce marketing materials and acknowledgements of corporate support for gallery exhibitions, film, performing arts, education, public policy and other program areas as appropriate;
- Work with the Media & Marketing Department on corporate membership-related collateral materials, including membership-related aspects of Japan Society’s website and online presence;
- Collaborate with program areas and Special Events Department on cultivation events, fundraising campaigns, and the annual dinner;
- Manage Department of Global Partnerships, and supervise frontline fundraisers and back-office staff. Ensure top-quality membership fulfillment services, customer service, and accurate database management;
The ideal candidate will be an innovative and out-of-the box thinker, hands-on leader, team player, and relationship-builder. You must possess a collaborative approach to facilitate work across all internal units of Japan Society, including the executive staff, Board members, and program teams. To succeed in this role, you must possess:
- Frontline fundraising and/or business-to-business (B2B) sales experience of at least three years;
- Familiarity with corporate funding for cultural programs, business and policy, and international exchange;
- Ability to building and manage successful teams with a diverse staff at all levels;
- Must be a hands-on, resourceful team player able to collaborate with and build consensus with colleagues inside and outside the organization;
- Superior communicator in writing, and dynamic presenter as a lead ambassador for Japan Society;
- Strong computer and database skills; Raiser’s Edge preferred or similar software;
- Flexible schedule and able to work evenings and weekends depending on programs;
- Committed to Japan Society’s mission, and knowledge and/or interest in Japan and its customs and culture, business etiquette, and international issues;
- Possess college or graduate degree in related field.
Japan Society provides a comprehensive benefits package to its employees including health, dental, life, long-term disability, vision, retirement, paid time off, and summer hours.
Send resume and cover letter indicating salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org