The Gender and GBV Specialist post is located in the Gender and Human Rights Branch of the Technical Division, UNFPA HQ. S/he is the adviser at the global level for integrated technical and programme advice on gender equality and gender-based violence (GBV).
You will report directly to the Chief of the Gender and Human Rights Branch and work in close collaboration with the Senior Gender and GBV Advisors.
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Health, Gender Human Rights and Development, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in the title of the post.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Seven years of increasingly responsible professional experience in issues related to gender equality, social protection, health and development, required;
- Experience with gender equality, women’s development and rights-based programming, both at field and international levels, required;
- Experience in addressing gender and social equity issues in reproductive health and population issues, including culturally sensitive programming, required;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Demonstrated ability to network within the academic and development community;
- Demonstrated expertise in policy dialogue and high level advocacy is desirable;
- Familiarity with UN systems and procedures, management and monitoring tools is desirable.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.