Under general supervision, the Security Specialist is responsible for implementing RAND security policies and procedures related to information, personnel, physical security, and safety. The Security Specialist reports to the site Manager, Security Administration.
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- This is a contract to hire, Term Employment, hourly compensation opportunity -it will not extend beyond 10/31/2021
- Resolve Security Help Desk incidents, Segue tasks, and other requests from staff
- Implement and adhere to established security procedures
- Assist with the administration of the RAND Emergency Management Notification System, Business Continuity, and Emergency Response Plans/Exercises
- Coordination with all staff, visitors, vendors, and contractor to process and verify visits
- Prepare and process Common Access Cards, Staff Security Clearances, and badges [e-QIP -SF-86 reviews}
- Processing of new hire staff and separations including briefings for staff with security clearances
- Travel to other RAND offices to assist with inspections and security operations
- Accumulate and maintain monthly metrics and statistics
- Perform periodic security self-inspections
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DoD security rules and regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Experience with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System [JPAS]
- Experience with Intelligence Community Directives
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required
At least 3 years relevant experience required. At least 6 years relevant experience preferred.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. government security clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org