We are searching for an enthusiastic high performer who has a passion for economic growth in developing countries and skills to contribute to improved project designs and improved management practices. The SDS will contribute to project management, business development, and technical assignments.
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Senior Development Specialist (SDS) to join our Economic Growth practice. We are searching for an enthusiastic high performer who has a passion for economic growth in developing countries and skills to contribute to improved project designs and improved management practices. The SDS will contribute to project management, business development, and technical assignments. The primary duties and responsibilities of Senior Development Specialist, Economic Growth, include but are not limited to:
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including deliverables coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products.
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative matters. Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients.
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and recruit subcontractors and consultants to carry out required tasks.
- Monitor project budgets, project invoices and monthly projections.
- Oversee project subcontractors to maintain proper budget utilization and invoicing procedures.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Conduct desktop and other research as needed; Conduct in-country project management trips to meet with the client and support implementation of activities.
- Draft case studies and other project promotional materials as needed to highlight the project’s success
- Contribute to technical products in the areas of international trade, SME development, market systems, policy analysis, private sector engagement, youth economic empowerment, value chain development, workforce development-with particular focus on market systems-, innovative approaches to access to finance, and utilizing Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approaches as a management tool.
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects listed above. Represent Cardno as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects and/or proposals.
- Lead and contribute to technical reports and thought pieces for clients, internal Cardno reports, and the broader international development community.
- Engage in short term technical assignments on projects in the above mentioned areas.
- Lead and participate in subject matter working groups.
- Contribute to pre-proposal and proposal efforts through management, research, brainstorming, recruiting, and other areas as required.
- Provide written inputs for various sections of proposals including technical narratives, staffing, qualifications, management, and other, as required by the requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and public sector stakeholders and/or USAID.
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify, interview and recruit the best candidates for upcoming projects.
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- Identify new opportunities through desktop and in-country research.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, International Relations, Business or other relevant field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Overseas work experience in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation and Business.
- At least three years of progressively responsible technical experience in international development, finance, or investments. Technical experience preferred in market systems, innovative access to finance and CLA.
- Excellent communication skills including advanced writing skills.
- Two or more years of experience in project management for various clients. Experience with USAID projects is preferred.
- Experience leading and writing sections of proposals for United States Government development institutions, and other international development organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams; self-motivated with attention to detail and passion for development.
- Willingness to travel overseas to developing countries up to 20% of the time.
- Foreign language skills.
- US work authorization required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org