Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The SPA Defense Strategy and Policy Team advises and provides analysis to Department of Defense customers on a wide range of national level issues including: the development of defense strategy concepts and the alignment of strategic goals with actionable recommendations. We work to provide integrated communications support throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis. The team has broad expertise working at the most senior levels of government, and specializes in integrating complex and crosscutting issues for senior decision makers.
- Provide policy analysis support to a range of US Dept. of Defense customers, including Navy SSP, OPNAV, and OSD.
- Develop analysis of national and departmental-level policy and coordinate implementation among strategic players.
- Participate in analytical studies, develop and present briefing materials necessary for policy execution.
- Write short-form white papers and long-form analysis reports in support of client needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, National Security Studies, or related field.
- 0-2 years of policy analysis experience in support of the U.S. Department of Defense, an Armed Service, Legislative branch, or a related field.
- Must be capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
- Must have experience writing concise analytical pieces for high-level leadership consumption.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship is required. Candidates will be subject to a security investigation.
- Direct experience supporting Navy, OSD, and/or Army clients is preferred.
- Final Secret Security Clearance; ability to obtain Top Secret.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org