As a Resilience Officer, you will provide city level support to the five-year USAID-funded project Climate Resilient Cities, which will improve resilience by strengthening the adaptive capacities of cities in the Philippines to manage the impacts of climate change and access climate finance and to enhance stakeholders’ knowledge on climate information for planning and decision-making. Embedded in the city LGU, you accompany the LGU to develop their enhanced LCCAPs and LDRRMPs and ensure LGUs will be supported to formulate plans that consider different ecosystems, exposure of different sectors, renewable energy technologies, and adaptive capacities. Reporting to the City Coordinator, you will support, monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned CRC project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Assist with the engagement and communication with the LGU on project implementation initiatives, and agreements.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist LGU and consortium partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting consortium partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with LGU and consortium partners to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Provide technical and operational support in the conceptualization, preparation and delivery of various capacity building workshops and project reports for the city.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of LGU and consortium partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder in Development or Ecosystems Management
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of ecosystems, Nature Based Solutions, disaster and climate resilience, urban planning, or public administration and working for an LGU or NGO would be a plus.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Required Languages - English, Tagalog, local language of project site a plus
- Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Training on Nature-based solutions and/or Ecosystems-based Adaptation (EbA) is a plus.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge on Geographic Information Systems a plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org