The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children is seeking a talented individual to act as Global Research Officer and support the work of ICMEC’s research arm, The Koons Family Institute on International Law & Policy. The Global Research Officer is responsible for supporting, developing, implementing, and evaluating ICMEC research initiatives, and coordinating ICMEC’s internship program.
The Global Research Officer’s time can be broken out as follows:
- Research Initiatives: 50%
- Internship Program: 20%
- Project management: 15%
- Administrative Tasks: 15%
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Director of The Koons Family Institute/SVP of Research & Operations by developing, coordinating, organizing, implementing, representing, and monitoring research initiatives and other projects with a particular focus on efficient workflow.
- Research and write on topics related to child sexual abuse, missing children, child abduction, and child sexual exploitation, both online and offline, for a variety of internal reports and external publications.
- Review laws and policies from around the world with a particular emphasis on identifying and addressing gaps and loopholes that hinder the effective investigation and/or prosecution of crimes committed against children.
- Review and edit reports, papers, and other materials produced in-house by staff, interns, and others.
- Spearhead management of the ICMEC internship program, which may include: recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and overseeing interns; attending career/internship/externship fairs (virtual and in-person); expanding the reach of the internship program; liaising with organizations and agencies to arrange intern events; maintaining accurate intern records; managing the Intern alumni network and related activities.
- Assist with providing periodic project/program reports to the Board of Directors, President & CEO, and other staff as requested.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of tours and activities for visitors as requested.
- Represent ICMEC at external conferences, events, and forums as appropriate.
- Promote and exhibit loyalty to ICMEC’s mission and promote a professional image.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence (electronic and otherwise).
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree (e.g., Juris Doctorate, Master’s degree) in law, international relations, criminal justice, human rights, or related field required
- At least two (2) years of research experience in an academic institution, non-profit, or similar setting required; three (3) or more years preferred
- Overseas experience, experience working with international entities, and familiarity with child protection issues preferred
- Project management experience desired
- Data or statistical analysis experience desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills/experience required (NOTE: A practical exercise may be required of final-round applicants to assess applicant skills.)
- Strong project management, workflow, time management
- Attention to detail across a variety of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Superior interpersonal, time management, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, successfully complete multiple tasks with attention to detail, and meet deadlines
- Ability to speak a foreign language preferred
- Ability to take initiative and provide feedback on various projects
- Demonstrated word processing, spreadsheet, and Google Apps proficiency
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive material and information
Local travel required (10-15%); National and international travel may be required (0-10%) [all travel requirements take effect only after COVID-19 related travel restrictions are lifted.]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org