Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position:
Dexis is seeking an experienced Program Assistant to provide support and expertise to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Asia Bureau, Office of East Asian and Pacific Affairs (ASIA/EAP). The work for this position will be based in Washington, D.C. The start date is immediate. This position is not eligible for remote work and the Asia Bureau has a Future of Work posture of 3-8 days maximum telework per pay period (with telework location allowing staff to come into the office on 2-3 hours’ notice).
- Serve as the scheduler for the Office and Deputy Office Directors, tracking and scheduling all meetings and meeting requests.
- Coordinate logistics for the office’s regularly scheduled meetings and the Office Director’s participation in the Bureau’s regularly scheduled meetings.
- Provide administrative support with tasks related to communication: assist Country Desk Officers (CDOs) and International Cooperation Specialists (ICSs) in developing and maintaining briefings and briefing documents, internal presentations, meeting agendas, memoranda, emails, and letters that seek approval or request information relating to program matters; and internal approvals or requests for information.
- Assist CDOs/ICSs in providing support to field missions under their purview. This may include responding to requests; setting appointments and creating schedules for individual staff consultations in Washington; following the flow of reports and documents to be cleared; and acting as a liaison between mission personnel and Asia Bureau leadership on such flow. May also be asked to provide temporary coverage in the absence of a CDO/ICS.
- Assist in collecting program and project information and data and coordinating completion of narrative reports (e.g., for portfolio reviews and annual performance plans).
- Coordinate travel using the government’s travel system.
- Manage document clearances on behalf of the office.
- Assist in office administrative and logistical needs.
- Assist technical staff in the preparation of program documents and correspondence in compliance with USAID standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active secret-level security clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field (e.g., international development/relations, public administration, public policy).
- 3 years of professional office experience required.
- Proven ability to initiate tasks as needed, such as organizing office files and documents, developing standard operating procedures as indicated by technical leads, and ensuring collaboration and communication with the Front Office.
- Experience with office technology and software with high proficiency (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, internet, e-mail applications, and database management preferred).
- Preferably be experienced in the use of database applications.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures preferred.
- Experience with project management and/or international development, administrative and financial procedures.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org