Reports to: AGE Secretary General and AGE Research Project Manager
Purpose of job
- To perform and coordinate AGE activities in some European projects in which AGE is involved;
- To work on awareness raising, networking and perform communication and dissemination tasks in projects in which AGE is involved in the realm of silver economy (SEED), ICT and health (Mobile Age and PROMISS);
- To convey AGE inputs within the project consortia and in liaison with AGE experts and members;
- To take care of both the internal (liaising with AGE membership) and external (community building and social media) communication for research projects.
To perform and coordinate AGE activities in some European projects and proposals in which AGE is involved
- Collect information (mainly on e-health/m-health, ICT and silver economy) and provide input to projects and projects’ partners;
- Perform the task requested by the projects (deliverables, milestones, operational set up of an awards scheme on Silver Economy) in autonomy, as well as together with AGE colleagues, and the project partners;
- Coordinate contacts with other project partners and implement projects’ dissemination strategy;
- Take care of interim and final activity and financial reports, under the supervision of AGE Office and Project Manager;
- Contribute to the drafting of project proposals, under the supervision of AGE Secretary General and AGE Project Manager.
To contribute to the development and dissemination of the outcomes of EU research projects in which AGE is involved
- Promote projects’ findings to key actors at EU and national levels;
- Write articles for newsletters, press-releases, websites, and leaflets for the projects and liaise with AGE Communication Officer;
- Make the best use of social media and other relevant media sources;
- Update AGE website with information on the projects;
- Participate to conferences, also outside Brussels, when required.
To support the community building strategies and actions (mobilisation of members and external stakeholders)
- Design and implement community building strategies in accordance with projects' consortium and AGE members;
- Coordinate AGE experts and members’ input in the projects;
- Support AGE Managing Director in other member-driven activities when needed;
- Provide support to the organisation of project meetings (e.g. agenda, meeting room and hotel booking; meals, etc.) and draft minutes.
- Knowledge of EU institutions and procedures;
- Knowledge of information and communication systems, including electronic mail systems, Internet, social media;
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of the Horizon 2020 Programme;
- Knowledge of EU e-health/m-health policy, ICT and silver economy, in particular related to ageing;
- Knowledge of graphic design and editing tools (e.g. Photoshop);
- Knowledge of content management system (CMS), in particular within Drupal.
- Ability to work in small, busy multilingual team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with groups and individuals;
- Very good networking abilities;
- Full command of English and good knowledge of another EU language;
- Sound computer literacy;
- Ability to be self-supporting and pro-active;
- Analytical skills and ability to assimilate and process information on a wide variety of issues;
- Ability to manage a complex workload and to plan and prioritise;
- Creativity (desirable).
- Experience in content management, communication and sharing;
- Experience in community building;
- Experience in the organisation of international meetings.
- Experience in EU research projects;
- Experience of the NGO sector;
- Experience in information systems in an international context;
- Experience with monitoring the EU institutions and reporting on their activities.
- Willingness and flexibility to work unsocial hours and to travel, also outside Belgium, when required.
Contract time-length: 6-8 months to be performed either full-time or 4/5 part-time (the possibility of extension will be evaluated).
Salary: 2.600 – 2.800 EUR (gross) per month depending on skills and experience.
- Deadline for sending applications: 25 February 2017 (17:00 CET);
- Interviews will be held during the week starting on 1 March 2017;
- Start: as soon as possible – Ideally on 6 March 2017.
- One-page motivation letter;
- A detailed CV; and
- A laid-out communication brief (max. 400 words) on “Opportunities and shortcomings of the Silver Economy” to Ilenia Gheno, Research Project Manager at [email protected].
Subject heading: Application Research Project Officer.
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted by 28 February 2017.
Please note that AGE cannot refund travel and accommodation costs for the interviews but if needed, the interview can be organised by phone or Skype.
In case of questions, please write an e-mail (no phone calls related to the application).
AGE is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*