The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking an Associate in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices to support the Development and Outreach team. The San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices both serve as important bases for HRW’s development, fundraising, and outreach activities in the Bay Area. This position is full-time, with 3 days in San Francisco and 2 days in Silicon Valley, and reports to the City Directors based in each office.
- Process all gifts and donations, including updating the Raiser’s Edge database, coordinating with our finance and data teams, creating and sending acknowledgement letters to donors, as well as paying invoices to vendors;
- Maintain the Raiser’s Edge database by updating donor and financial information and overseeing data entry for special events and cultivation initiatives;
- Organize logistical aspects related to local events, including maintaining spreadsheets, documenting gifts received, preparing solicitation materials, preparing and shipping event materials, collating follow-up fundraising reports, and conducting general follow-up post-event;
- Assist in the planning and follow-up of major organizational fundraising, cultivation, and outreach events, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Silicon Valley Annual Dinners;
- Support daily activities for committee members, donors, and prospects including conducting research on individual and foundation prospects, using various online tools to prepare donor solicitation strategies, maintaining extensive files, contact lists and databases, scheduling and preparing briefs and materials for meetings, drafting donor communications, and performing other general administrative duties;
- Support with daily office operations, including assisting with the recruitment, onboarding and supervision of interns; and
- Carry out other responsibilities as may be required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in human rights, international relations, social science, or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritize with minimal supervision are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as function as a member of a team with staff in multiple locations is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including patience and a sense of humor, and the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, including donors are required.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are required.
- Strong interest in human rights is required.
- Database experience and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge are highly desirable.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current US work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Salary: Salary range starts at $45,150. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*