We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI seeks applicants for the position of New Business Development Coordinator to assist in PSI's activities in developing new business worldwide with foundations, bilateral and multilateral donors. PSI's NBD Department offers assistance to field-based programs when responding to the US government, DFID, KFW, Global Fund, corporate, foundation, and other donor requests for proposals. The Department has annual fundraising goals typically in excess of $500 million. NBD also provides additional fundraising support to PSI country platforms facing funding shortfalls and increasingly will support fundraising for new health areas. The department also builds the capacity
of PSI's country platforms to prepare proposals.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Coordinator for New Business Development will manage PSI's systems for identifying, tracking, and pursuing new business opportunities with government and private sector donors. H/she will assist in proposal and budget development and will manage institutional knowledge for the New Business department. Other responsibilities will include:
· You have a Bachelor's degree in relevant field (i.e. Public Health, International Relations)
· You have minimum of 2 years' experience in fast-paced work environment
· You have superior organizational skills and attention to detail
· You have Advanced computer skills, particularly Excel
· You have strong writing, diplomacy and interpersonal communication skills
· References will be required.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States. B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
What would get us excited?
· You speak French and/or Spanish
· You must be able to manage large workloads with limited direction and have a willingness and ability to perform a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines
· You have a passion for international experience
· You have a demonstrated commitment to international health and development.
Please include a Cover Letter to your application - it is required
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*