The Air Force recognizes the contributions of its people –active-duty, Guard, Reserve, civilians and even Civil Air Patrol volunteers engaged in missions – under the distinguished title "Airman." The title is not just an honorific. This title bears a responsibility. Airmen are part of the fight; part of the United States' response to the security challenges of this dynamic and threatening era. The Airmen of the Air University faculty support the Air Force by leveraging their vast intellectual capacity to analyze and propose solutions to the Service's and the nation's most pressing security challenges.
Together, the Airmen of the Air University faculty work to educate new generations of leaders; leaders equipped to recognize, analyze and solve the security challenges and overcome the operational problems they will face. At the same time, AU Airmen work directly for Air Force and Joint Force senior leadership, analyzing, testing and applying solutions. The results of these efforts have been, can be and certainly will be ... historic.
If you are ready to take on the burden of being an Airman; to add the power of your mind coupled with your teaching and research talents, we are eager to learn more about you. This is exactly the kind of selfless commitment we want on our Air Force team!
The United States Air Force's Air Command and Staff College (ACSC) invites applications for faculty position as a Professor of Military and Security Studies. Faculty members create curricula and deliver for a year-long, in-resident program designed to prepare field-grade officers to develop, employ and command airpower in joint, multinational and interagency operations.
Focus area for these positions include, but are not limited to, knowledge of the global environment, national and international strategy and policy development, joint military environment, knowledge and experience in joint planning and warfighting; historical perspectives on strategy and role of force, especially in the domains of air, space, and cyber and their effects in other warfare domains; international relations; technology and innovation; irregular warfare; and practical applications in the strategy and policy arenas. Strong knowledge of and practical experience with joint and/or airpower strategy, command and control arrangements, organizations, and planning processes across the spectrum of military operations is highly desired. More broadly, the position requires knowledge of service and/or joint military strategy and doctrine, national military strategy, military thought and theory, military history, joint/combined planning and joint and combined warfighting strategies. Faculty members also provide institutional service to the School, Air University, the Air Force, and the Department of Defense.
WHO MAY APPLY: **ALL APPLICANTS MAY APPLY** Click here for more information on additional eligibilities. You will have the opportunity to select one or more eligibilities during the process, if applicable. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
- The focus of this position is on teaching, scholarship and publication, and service to the University, the Air Force, and the nation. First and foremost, the aspiring applicant must be a highly capable instructor
- These duties include teaching graduate seminars, mentoring students (from academics to writing), and supervising research projects. ACSC expects each faculty member to be able to create graduate-level curriculum and deliver material using a Socratic method.
- The applicant must have the ability to conduct their own research and publish peer-reviewed publications.
- Service includes a range of activities from school administration to support for mission requirements at the University, the Air Force, or the Department of Defense.
- Travel to support these activities and as directed by the leadership at ACSC and Air University is expected of the applicant.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*