Overview -- We are looking for an individual who has superior analytic, research, and technical writing skills, and who is poised, articulate, and comfortable working with senior government officials.
Opportunity -- SAIC offers a unique intern opportunity to support the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) in a combination role of program analyst and administrative support on-site in the Pentagon as part of a contract team.
Learn -- This position will afford an ideal learning experience while working across two principal staff assistant offices in OSD.
Flexibility -- This position is flexible to full time for a short period (2-3 months) or part time for a longer period (3-5 months) and is flexible on daily start and end times. Ideal for a student.
Requirement -- The intern position requires the minimum of an interim DoD Secret Clearance (no exceptions).
Program Analyst Duties
Provide support to the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer (ODCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and Decision Support (OP&DS) in OSD with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
Monitoring actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to ODCMO interests.
Interact with various DoD Components (other OSD offices, Joint Staff (JS), Military Departments (MilDeps), defense agencies, combatant commands) to gather information on the status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; contributing to technical papers and reports for senior leadership; and supporting briefing and task development.
Employ, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
Perform quick-turn analyses and rapidly synthesize complex information.
Provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
Assist with legal administration including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal actions for OGC/IA.
Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) by performing data entry and scanning of International Agreements.
In addition, provide periodic database, indexing, and archival support, to include: analysis of chronological files, review of archival documents, review international agreements, and inputting data from international agreements into the database.
- Current DoD Interim SECRET clearance (No exceptions).
Required Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree (or pursuing a degree) in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, or related field.
- Understanding of DoD, OSD, JS, and the MilDeps.
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities and the ability to read, interpret and understand documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Flexible team player and capable of interacting at all levels within the customer space as well as other parts of the defense community.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in the Pentagon or DoD office.
- Ability to review, understand, and analyze DoD documents.
- Familiarity with knowledge management tools including SharePoint, databases, etc.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*