Strategically develop and manage one or more portfolio of grants and contracts requiring high-level grant management skills, monitoring and evaluation. As a key advisor on strategy initiatives, contribute to the continued development of the team’s strategic vision, while partnering closely with team leadership to set the overall strategy and goals for the team.
- Directly or indirectly leads a team to develop, manage and implement project strategies.
- Negotiate, execute, and manage complex portfolio of grants or performance-based contracts. Review letters of inquiry and grant proposals and provide clear, concise and insightful written analyses and recommendations for funding.
- Consult with grantees and other partners to maximize impact of projects and ensure grants are meeting strategy goals. This may include: site visits, providing operational guidance and convening meetings of key stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, resource, and implement a program that aligns with foundation strategy and is operationally integrated with other foundation programs. Contribute to the design of new strategies, collaborations and implementation plans to ensure long-term sustainability and impact.
- Represent the foundation to key program-related external constituencies, as appropriate, on committees related to area of expertise and responsibilities of the position.
- This role may manage employees and may be responsible for hiring the talent needed to achieve our goals, ensuring successful employee onboarding, communicating performance expectations, creating goal alignment, integrating project and change management, giving and seeking feedback, providing coaching, measuring progress and holding people accountable, supporting employee development, and recognizing achievement and lessons learned.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Position Summary & Responsibilities
- Primarily work on public health and nutrition policy issues at the national level and in specific Indian states to help generate the awareness, resources, partnerships and policy thinking necessary to achieve national and state goals in these sectors.
- The position will engage with key stakeholders in government, civil society, donors and private sector, directly as well as through other India Country Office (ICO) team members, to advance the case for health, specially primary health and nutrition. This role reports directly to the Deputy Director, Policy & Strategic Partnerships, ICO and will also work closely with relevant teams in Seattle.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development, and lead the implementation of strategies aimed at evidence based policy for health and nutrition at national and state level. Carried out in partnership with the state, program and communications teams, these would aim to generate attention to the issues, resources, and policy necessary to best achieve health and nutrition goals
- Track legislative and key policy developments and trends relevant to primary health care at the center and state level.
- Monitor internal and external environment for trends related to healthcare policy; advise on strategy updates based on this intelligence
- Conduct/manage research and analysis in support evidence based policy and Communications strategies
- Develop and manage a portfolio of policy grants for achieving agreed upon goals at state level.
- Leverage the best of the foundation’s assets and build and manage partnerships and alliances to advance and refine policy, and communications strategies based on field and financial data
- Leverage and collaborate with the foundation’s MLE team to develop appropriate messages based on program data analysis
- Develop appropriate outreach plans for external stakeholders, sharing the Foundation’s strategies, and thinking about how we communicate impact assessment.
- Represent the foundation to key program-related external constituencies, such as through participation in conferences and other meetings as necessary.
- This role is responsible for high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing facts, developments and recommendations for program issues
- Assist with preparation for foundation leadership participation in events and meetings with policymakers, partners and other stakeholders; preparation to include participation in planning meetings and drafting briefing memos
- Knowledge of national and state health & nutrition issues, and the broader development context in India
- Knowledge of national and state government policy and budget decision making
- Knowledge of how to use communications to stimulate policy relevant discussions
- Knowledge of the state legislative and administrative processes and structures in India pertinent to public health and development research, funding, or policymaking.
- Experience developing, managing and implementing project and grant-making strategies.
- Experience in the management of strategies, initiatives and programs related to motivating an enhanced governmental response.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
- Analytical skills; quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Excellent relationship management.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Sound influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Recognized internally and externally by the global professional community as an expert within a particular specialized field.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others in a constructive manner and to build and sustain collaborative relationships.
- Experience as technical resource to teams and leadership on impact, cost effectiveness and decision analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
- Knowledge methods of impact evaluation, operational research, and modeling.
- Strong quantitative analytic skills.
Education and Experience
Advanced degree with 7+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*