Reporting to the Associate Director, Admissions and Student Affairs of the North American Office, the Administrative Director (AD) is a full time position responsible for overseeing the administrative, financial, marketing and academic activities of the North American office for the Medical School for International Health (MSIH), including reporting, staff development and supervision, public relations, advertising, recruitment, admissions and alumni affairs. He/she also supervises faculty exchanges and student exchanges. This is a unique opportunity to help chart the course of a unique program and work with a dynamic group of medical students and internationally-focused colleagues.
- Assist the Associate Director, Admissions and Student Affairs, North American Office with overall administration and management of the office;
- Assist the Associate Director with preparation and participation in all high-level meetings and presentations;
- Support admissions activities, including recruitment and enrollment;
- Prepare and manage the MSIH-N.Y. operational budget;
- Provide guidance and leadership to MSIH-N.Y. team, including review and approval of payroll and employee leave, and recommending policy and procedural changes to improve the daily functioning of the office;
- Oversee the fourth year elective program;
- Implement and supervise public relations, social media, website and advertising, including the development and publication of print and digital materials as well as implementation of special events;
- Manage scholarship and development activities;
- Provide support to the Alumni Association, including management of their budget and fundraising activities;
- Act as a liaison with outside academic bodies, including universities, licensing bodies, etc.
Minimum qualifications include:
- An M.P.H., M.P.A., M.B.A. or similar relevant degree;
- Excellent organizational and management skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written skills and strong interpersonal competence;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in public relations and web-based digital marketing, including use of social media, web analytic tools, video conferencing, and online workspace collaboration tools;
- Experience with budgeting and accounting;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, and advanced experience working with databases and CRMs;
- Ability to work with senior management on appropriate response and action to emerging issues;
- Ability to work with a diverse team across various time zones;
- Experience working in an admissions office, academic setting, or on education program within a non-profit is strongly preferred;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Email inquiries only to [email protected] Phone inquiries will not be accepted.