Serving as a member of the Program team the Program Coordinator (PC) is responsible for facilitating the JVC service and formation experience in four international communities. The PC provides training, support, and accompaniment to volunteers so that they can successfully integrate into their international community assignments, live out the JVC covenant during their service, and support the mission of JVC and the mission of the Jesuits across the world.
Rooted in Ignatian Spirituality and guided by the JVC covenant, the PC facilitates the formation of volunteers through pastoral support and retreat facilitation and continuous support and training to volunteers. The PC collaborates with the In-Country Coordinators, local Jesuits, agencies, and other local support persons to support the JVs’ experience, represent JVC, communicate JVC’s policies and procedures, and manage risk to the volunteers. The PC also works with local Jesuits to further advance the Jesuit Mission through the placement of JVs at local agencies.
Reporting to the Program Manager (PM), this role has a close working relationship with the other Program Coordinators, Program Managers and the Program Director as well as the admissions, development, communications, and finance teams. The job involves international travel (15%) domestic travel (15%), including visits to other offices, agencies, JV communities’ houses and retreats.
Accountability: Reports to the Program Manager International
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports the planning, coordination and evaluation of Orientation, including facilitation of trainings and pastoral counselling to orient the volunteer to JVC and life abroad.
· Plans, coordinates, facilitates in-country retreats; Provides resources to support volunteers development in-country orientation and retreats.
· Provides pastoral support, rooted in Ignatian spirituality and guided by the JVC covenant.
Volunteer Training and Leadership Development
· Provides training, support, and accompaniment to volunteers so that they can successfully understand and live out the JVC covenant during their service, integrate into their international community assignments, and successfully understand their role to further the mission of Jesuits around the world.
· Provides training and support to volunteers to manage personal safety and security and health and well-being while in-country.
Coordination with In-Country Coordinators, Jesuits, agencies, and local support persons
· Manages relationships between volunteers, ICCs, and agencies to ensure all relationships are functioning and any relevant and urgent information reaches all parties.
· Provides ongoing support to ICC and local support persons, including understanding of roles, JVC and Jesuit missions, and overall support to the volunteer.
· Facilitates communication with, support to and development of agencies, including in-country site visits.
· Responsible for documenting program data in a professional and timely matter.
· Monitoring and recording in-country conditions, safety and travel warnings, visa processes, etc.
· Supports the development of policies and procedures for the international program.
· Participate and facilitate staff meetings in collaboration with the international program team.
· Participate in staff wide committees and team-building and formation activities.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested
· Experience working with young adults or in a college setting.
· Experience with training facilitation and/or public speaking.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
· Good interpersonal skills and comfort with various constituencies
· Strong intercultural communications skills needed, including the ability to initiate and maintain relationships from a distance including using virtual technology
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to multi-task and work both individually and as part of a team
· Demonstrated skill in prompt and professional verbal and written communication
· Familiarity with JVC and commitment to overall mission.
· Familiarity with and willingness to promote Catholic faith tradition and Ignatian Spirituality
· Commitment to social justice and solidarity with marginalized and oppressed communities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Flexible, ability to adjust to changing circumstances
Please submit cover letter and resume.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*