LightingEurope is looking for a highly-motivated EU Policy Intern to join our dynamic team. As a member of LightingEurope you will be involved in the frontline policy action of our organization, attending meetings with our members and EU policymakers as well as helping in researching key EU policies.
The intern will be hired starting in the beginning of December 2017 for a period of 6 months (minimum) with a possibility of extension up to 9 months. The internship will be competitively remunerated.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Providing policy analysis, development and research strengthening LightingEurope´s advocacy role;
- Working closely with other Policy Directors in a supporting role;
- Help in engaging both external and internal stakeholders in policy issues of relevance to LightingEurope´s members (through event and web visibility projects as well as through EU fund programs) -Undertake any other duties in assisting the Secretary General.
Contacts with EU Policymakers
- Scrutinizing and evaluating the agendas and legislation of the relevant Directorate Generals in the European Commission as well as Committees in the EP, predominantly but not limited to Environment, Industry, Health, Energy and Trade;
- Help establish and maintain contacts with key MEPs in these committees as well as their staff and secretariats;
- Help with Marketing & Communication strategies.
- Excellent command of English with additional fluency in one or two other working languages of the EU.
- University degree in politics, economics, law or business (preferably at a Master level).
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent networking and social skills with a special attention to adapt to various intercultural settings;
- Good analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills;
- Experience with working with EU institutions and/or public authorities;
- Interest in environmental, energy, industrial and international trade issues;
- Skills in communication, design, commerce or marketing would be appreciated;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If you are interested, please send your CV and cover letter by October 15th, 2017. Only applications that include these documents will be considered.
Interviews will be held in Brussels or via Skype.
Due to limited staff resources and number of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*