The Public Policy & Advocacy (PPA) department is looking for a student to serve as a Humanitarian Policy and Advocacy Intern. S/he will report directly to the International Humanitarian Response Public Policy and Advocacy Team in DC. S/he will assist in daily activities and, with guidance from staff, support humanitarian policy and advocacy projects during her/his internship at Save the Children.
- Work on assigned Public Policy & Advocacy projects to complete during internship on our advocacy related to humanitarian responses to conflict and natural disasters
- Conduct research on public policy, advocacy, and related issues
- Attend and report out on Congressional hearings and briefings as well as NGO coalition working group meetings.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Public Policy & Advocacy department (scanning, mailing, copying, etc.)
- He/she will have the opportunity to attend agency meetings about Save the Children’s programs
Part-time: Minimum 24 hours/week
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, advocacy, and humanitarian response.
- Prefer candidates who have completed her or his Masters, or are currently pursuing a Master’s degree in public policy, public administration, international relations, international development or another related field of study. Will also consider exceptional candidates who are working on their BA in one of the fields listed above.
- Possess strong written skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work within a team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate academic program
- Please attach resume and cover letter to your application
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*