The Office of International Affairs (OIA) was established in 2011, with a mandate to create a centralized resource to encourage and coordinate Stanford’s international activities. OIA’s mission is to help faculty and students maximize global opportunities that enrich research and learning, and to broaden the impact of both.
OIA develops and maintains critical communications and networking infrastructure, and provides Stanford faculty, students, and staff access to dynamic, comprehensive information that is relevant to their global research and education.
The successful candidate for this position will be working with the OIA team to achieve four strategic goals:
· Provide a strategic vision for important international partnerships, while coordinating and streamlining existing approval processes
· Develop comprehensive country profiles for faculty, departments, and schools to leverage existing resources and relationships to expand their international research and teaching
· Expand Faculty International Research Exploration Fund to help faculty bring collaborators from the developing world, provide strategic support for new “proof-of-concept” collaborations with new international partners, and help faculty to scale up successful “proof-of- concept” projects
· Develop student international learning and research opportunities portal to reduce faculty burden and improve mentoring, improve university oversight and risk mitigation, and increase transparency and accessibility to funding opportunities for student applicants
Administer and support the 4 above-mentioned OIA goals under general supervision.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Master’s degree in international relations or other international fields preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*