The United States Air Force's Air Command and Staff College (ACSC) invites applications for faculty position as a Professor of Military and Security Studies. Faculty members create curricula and deliver for a year-long, in-resident program designed to prepare field-grade officers to develop, employ and command airpower in joint, multinational and interagency operations.
Focus area for these positions include, but are not limited to, knowledge of the global environment, national and international strategy and policy development, joint military environment, knowledge and experience in joint planning and warfighting; historical perspectives on strategy and role of force, especially in the domains of air, space, and cyber and their effects in other warfare domains; international relations; technology and innovation; irregular warfare; and practical applications in the strategy and policy arenas. Strong knowledge of and practical experience with joint and/or airpower strategy, command and control arrangements, organizations, and planning processes across the spectrum of military operations is highly desired. More broadly, the position requires knowledge of service and/or joint military strategy and doctrine, national military strategy, military thought and theory, military history, joint/combined planning and joint and combined warfighting strategies. Faculty members also provide institutional service to the School, Air University, the Air Force, and the Department of Defense.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
- The focus of this position is on teaching, scholarship and publication, and service to the University, the Air Force, and the nation. First and foremost, the aspiring applicant must be a highly capable instructor
- These duties include teaching graduate seminars, mentoring students (from academics to writing), and supervising research projects. ACSC expects each faculty member to be able to create graduate-level curriculum and deliver material using a Socratic method.
- The applicant must have the ability to conduct their own research and publish peer-reviewed publications.
- Service includes a range of activities from school administration to support for mission requirements at the University, the Air Force, or the Department of Defense.
- Travel to support these activities and as directed by the leadership at ACSC and Air University is expected of the applicant.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*