The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The program manager for executive education and AILA is responsible for providing rising leaders with training and learning opportunities in leadership, professional development and global issues. S/he should have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for strengthening talent. The program manager will help manage all program components, including training and program development, project management and implementation, partnership-building, budgetary matters, personnel supervision, and external relations. AILA provides internal learning and professional development programs to CSIS interns and young professionals as well as for visiting groups. The program manager also supports Executive Education at CSIS, which is responsible for developing intensive and substantive training programs for outside organizations, including corporate, government, and foreign partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
I. Leadership Training and Professional Development
· Design professional development initiatives and leadership trainings for CSIS young professionals and interns (e.g. management fundamentals, technical skills training, career development workshops, workplace conduct, etc.).
· Build and facilitate learning and development programs and seminars for external groups (e.g. crisis management simulations, multi-day training seminars, creativity in leadership workshops, etc.)
· Assist with existing personal and professional development opportunities for CSIS young professionals, including mentorship programs, journal publications, and community service committee.
· Research and stay up-to-date with best practices for instructional design principles, learning, and development, as well as new technology and trends.
· Monitor and evaluate programming impact.
II. Strategic/Future Planning
· Generate and develop innovative ideas for new projects, partnerships, collaborations, events, and speakers.
· Contribute to the development and management of short- and long-term strategic goals and contribute to the development and implementation of overall departmental vision.
III. External Partnerships
· Communicate regularly and effectively with external partners and funders.
· Develop new partnerships and identify organizations and individuals that are in need of leadership training opportunities.
IV. Program Management
· Foster projects from the ideation stage through planning and implementation phases.
· Communicate across 30+ research and administrative departments center-wide.
· Coordinate and facilitate the execution of program events and projects, including event management and speaker arrangements
· Contribute to external and internal outreach by developing promotional materials and designing strategic communication plans.
· Assist with website maintenance and outreach
V. Administrative and Staffing
· Assist with managing day-to-day office operations.
· Assist program and project finances including all project-related budgets, day-to-day expense management, and preparation for internal budget reviews.
· Draft program correspondence, MOUs, and other official agreements.
· Support senior program staff, including through logistics, scheduling, and program communication and collaboration with other CSIS departments and operations.
· Support recruitment, hire, and manage program interns.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· 1–3 years of related experience in program/project management, learning and development, educational and instructional design, curriculum design, community management, and facilitating training programs.
· Superior communication skills, good judgment, and ability to anticipate needs.
· Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail.
· Experience managing complex budgets.
· Ability to work independently, in a team, and closely with a range of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
· Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment.
· Comfortable with public speaking.
· Experience with at least one of the following: online learning, management training, change management, design-thinking, human-centered design, innovation and creativity training, personality and behavioral assessments.
· Strong knowledge of US foreign policy and global issues.
· Event management experience and ability to work with high-level VIP audiences.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter at https://csiscareers.silkroad.com.