We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. CATEGORYEvaluator DESCRIPTION
Position summary :
Primarily reviews and evaluates the credentials of applicants for Credentials Evaluation Service Program. Occasionally performs cross-divisional duties by reviewing and evaluating the credentials of applicants for both the VisaScreen™ Assessment and Certification Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Critically evaluates documents and supporting materials of applications; insures completeness and authenticity of credentials/records; prepares all levels of Credentials Evaluation Service reports for foreign-educated nurses and meets established productivity and quality goals.
- Prepares correspondence as assigned for applicants, schools, professional healthcare boards and others that are comprehensive and accurate.
- Handles complex applicant inquiry visits along with general telephone, email, and fax inquiries.
- Fulfills cross-divisional duties and critically evaluates documents along with supporting materials of applications; insures completeness and authenticity of credentials/records; makes decisions regarding applicant eligibility for the VisaScreen™ Assessment program and makes decisions regarding applicant eligibility for the CGFNS Qualifying Examination.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding operational procedures; makes recommendations for improvements that are operationally sound and fiscally responsible.
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Participates in special project teams departmentally and interdepartmentally.
- Represents the organization at conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Baccalaureate degree with major in international affairs, international relations,
political science, foreign languages, or comparative education preferred.
One year of full-time work experience in the area of international education
credentials evaluation or admissions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic computer skills
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- International Affairs, International Relations, Political Science, Foreign Languages, or comparative: 3 years
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*