IOM organises the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration project (REAB) under a convention signed with the Government of Belgium, The REAB project, aims at assisting the voluntary return and reintegration of asylum seekers, people under temporary protection and other alien groups in need of assistance. Under the direct supervision of the Migrant Assistance Officer, the incumbent will actively contribute to facilitate and ensure the access for potential beneficiaries to relevant Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) related information. The incumbent will provide counselling services to beneficiaries and will organise voluntary return activities according to IOM procedures.
PROJECT ASSISTANT ACTIVITIES
- Participate in meetings with REAB partners with a view to ensure regular contacts and to exchange views on the most appropriate counselling services provided to migrants on existing voluntary return projects and on available reintegration opportunities in the countries of origin (when applicable);
- Assist in the organization of seminars/conferences and prepare corresponding reports;
- Assist in research and implementation of studies in the field of voluntary return;
- Assist in updating the REAB information materials.
ASSISTED VOLUNTARY RETURN AND REINTEGRATION ACTIVITIES
- Reception of migrants within IOM premises describing the REAB programme and directing migrants to relevant REAB partners and/or starting a REAB application with the migrants;
- Prepare and follow-up of all assigned application files in the appropriate databases (MiMOSA and Reintegration DB);
- Organize the return assistance in close coordination with Operations Unit and social workers (assessment of the needs; co-ordination of the travel arrangements with AVRR and field mission; follow-up on the expenditures);
- Maintain and promote good working relationships with Embassies and Consulates to collect information and promote co-operation with a view to facilitate the issuance of travel documents and/or visas;
- Organize and participate in monitoring missions in coordination with the mission in countries of origin when required by the donors; prepare statistics and other relevant information on the region of responsibility;
- Identify, and compile factual information on potential beneficiaries in Belgium benefiting from the AVRR programmes;
- Organize the re-integration assistance with IOM Missions in countries of origin and social workers (assessment of the needs upon return; co-ordination of the investigation and the tailoring of the re-integration programme with the Field Mission and the social workers);
- Provide general administrative assistance in the development of AVRR projects related to the area of responsibility;
- Any other tasks as may be required.
- Bachelor degree in Political or Social Science, Social Work, International Relations, from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum two years of operational experience in refugee and migration related issues;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Good analytical skills, strong sense of details and accuracy;
- High level of computer literacy, including knowledge of database application;
- Valid driving license is an advantage.
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch is required. Knowledge of any other language (in particular Arabic or Afghan Languages) is an asset.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning and contributes to colleagues’ learning;
- Writes and communicates clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience;
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services and proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts;
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*