What part will you play?
The Writer will be responsible for crafting various forms of news stories including voiceovers, package tosses, opens and teases.
What will you be doing?
- The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure.
- The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environment.
- In addition to writing, this person must be able to work with remote-based producers and communicate effectively with Media Operations, handle graphic requests and work with Supervisors on elements for live shots.
**Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.**
What do we need from you?
- At least one year experience as a full-time writer or successful completion of writer training in a CNN newsroom.
- Thorough understanding of international news is important and proven experience in handling international stories is a plus.
- Ability to create template-based graphics quickly, experience with Viz Pilot preferred.
- The successful candidate should have an ear to know what the anchor needs in scripts, and the flexibility to adapt.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool preferred.
- Working knowledge of CNN systems including Image & Sound, Media Source, assignment desks, control rooms and graphics is preferred.
- The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org