Oversee operational management of international partnership agreements, and protocol arrangements for incoming and outgoing international delegations. Create and organize major programmatic initiatives related to international and strategic partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all aspects of the international partnership agreements process enacted by the University with entities abroad. Evaluate agreement requests to ensure they are in keeping with the overall guidelines, communicating with requesting units when changes are required. Enter and track partnership agreements into University systems such as iCS, and communicate with requesting college or unit throughout the process, providing advice and support as needed.
• Develop, deliver, and oversee meaningful international protocol documents and services for Chancellor, Provost, Vice-Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies, and Deans. Serve as point of contact by providing cultural expertise and guidance to unit representatives on itineraries and arrangements to support on-campus visits and international travel of senior campus administrators.
• Develop and manage itineraries and for incoming delegations from partner and prospective international partner institutions. Actively structure visits in collaboration with University colleges, departments, and units to insure maximum impact. Coordinate itineraries and act as escort for distinguished international visitors, including diplomatic and foreign service personnel, and delegations.
• Organize and oversee execution of major programs and campus-wide events to support strategic partnerships and international engagement efforts by facilitating contact with external constituents, service providers, diplomatic offices, and internal representatives.
• Maintain an interactive inventory and reports of global engagement activities, partnership agreements, including information about student exchange balances, upcoming expiring agreements, and general statistics. Develop and deliver reports to potential students, students, senior campus administrators, government entities, and mandatory reporting agencies to support campus-wide international initiatives.
• Participate in the annual in-country orientation programs in China and Korea. Develop and deliver informational sessions for admitted students and parents. Coordinate actively with International Student and Scholar Services on all arrangements for the program.
• Provide written and oral translation services of materials or communications between delegates, as needed.
This position reports directly to Assistant Director for Global Relations, IIP, who reports to the Executive Director for Administration and Management, IIP, who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies, IIP, who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 – 5 years of experience in a position involving global affairs or international engagement.
• Experience living, studying, or working abroad.
• Experience in event planning or management.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong intercultural communication skills to effectively work with acumen and diplomacy with a variety of international partners and visitors.
• Fluency in Mandarin or Korean.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate major programs and activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Master’s degree
• Experience working for a university and/or international office.
• Familiarity with contract management processes and workflow.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org