The International Affairs & Strategy function in the Executive Office is responsible for strategically strengthening the Bank’s international relationships to generate insights about the global economic and financial environment, enable collaboration on issues of mutual interest, and facilitate the execution of the Bank’s international responsibilities.
The Country Risk Department and the Relationship Management Strategy Department in the International Affairs and Strategy function are responsible for:
- Providing a country risk framework and analysis on country developments and regional trends in support of the Bank’s international operational and policy activities and external engagement;
- Providing an international engagement strategy for senior officers and key policy groups that align and support the Bank’s strategic international outreach goals and the Fed’s broader objectives;
- Developing and managing working relationships with global central banks and governments, US government entities and private sector institutions;
- Ensuring that insights from international engagements are effectively disseminated within the Bank;
- Facilitating standing and ad-hoc cross-Bank teams to promote information sharing and analytical collaboration on international work.
This is a junior analyst position supporting both the Country Risk Department and the Relationship Management Strategy Department in the International Affairs and Strategy Function. The role is to manage and develop data platforms to support country risk analysis, relationship management and external engagement, monitor and curate news flow on relevant global developments and research, and provide analytical support to research and engagement activities.
- Manage department data feeds and vendors, and develop and maintain current databases on global macroeconomic, financial sector, market and political indicators;
- Assist department staff in monitoring and analyzing fundamentals, evolving developments and news flow at the country and regional level;
- Prepare complex tables and charts in support of department analysis, reporting, and presentations;
- Develop and maintain information sharing platforms like Sharepoint sites and the internal website;
- Provide support for international engagements, including coordinating meetings, developing materials and researching and preparing responses to inquiries about the Federal Reserve System;
- Assist department staff in managing and optimizing customer relationship management and engagement data, including implementation of new platforms and processes.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related field, with significant course work in finance and/or international finance;
- Approximately two years of full time wor – preferably in a role analyzing and interpreting financial data and presenting information in a clear and concise manner;
- Candidates must be able to obtain U.S. Security Clearance which includes verification of U.S. Citizenship;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of international economic or financial issues as evidenced by academics, work experience or research work;
- Demonstrated work experience utilizing Bloomberg and large databases;
- Advanced proficiency in the use of MS Office spreadsheet and graphics packages;
- Proven ability to provide effective verbal and written analysis;
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis and economic/financial research is highly desirable;
- Experience utilizing Sharepoint and customer relationship management systems preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with Bank senior management and staff and external contacts in a professional manner;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and participate in team projects where collaboration is essential for success;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org