The Programs and Outreach team devises effective public outreach designed to expose Washington’s community of policymakers and thinkers to the nuances of the Gulf region, its political and economic diversity, and the breadth and richness of its culture. The strategic focus is public programming, and external and media relations.
The incumbent reports to the Senior Director for Programs and Outreach (SDPO) and is responsible for the successful coordination and implementation of AGSIW programs and events. S(he) works with the SDPO to develop AGSIW’s annual program plan and manages day-to-day program activities. S(he) stays current on developments in the region and proposes new ideas for AGSIW programs and special events.
- Work with the Programs and Outreach team to develop and implement AGSIW’s public programs, roundtables, workshops, and special events
- Monitor contemporary developments in the Gulf states and U.S. policy, including using regional media sources and foreign language sources, to suggest possible AGSIW programs
- Act as the liaison to program speakers by compiling suggested speaker lists, drafting invitations, and following up to confirm participation
- Maintain a program speaker database to ensure best possible speakers are easily and quickly selected for appropriate speaking engagements
- Work with digital coordinator to produce event programs, name plates, and ensure events are recorded and livestreamed
- Work with the program team to produce event reports following AGSIW panels, workshops, and roundtables
- Working with the Publications and Digital Media section, assist in maintaining and updating program audience databases and mailing lists
- Ensure media representatives are invited to programs and act as main contact-person for producers for in-house setup
- Assist with the development of public relations and communications strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness
- BA or MA in international relations or related field
- At least one to three years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated research and writing skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Superior Internet research skills
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills are essential
- Self-starter and results-oriented individual who can meet tight deadlines and work in an ever-changing environment
- Arabic language proficiency is a plus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to Tyler Rousselle: [email protected]. The deadline for applications is Friday February 16, 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org