The Community Resource Manager will be responsible for supporting implementation of a high-quality, results-oriented program focused on increasing literacy and quality education; reducing hunger and improving nutrition among primary school-aged students (especially girls), pregnant and lactating women, and children under five years old in Senegal. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
The Community Resource Manager is responsible for mobilizing local communities and creating actionable plans to sustain the school feeding program.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support planning and implementation of strategic and sustainable program activities;
- Develop or adapt tools to foster community-based resource mobilization, including training materials for community groups, publicity materials to generate support, and accountability systems;
- Manage the Village Savings and Loans, community gardens, and value chain aspects of the program;
- Develop strategies for private sector resource mobilization, and secure targeted support in specific departments;
- Ensure community mobilization activities are implemented on time and on budget;
- Support the preparation and submission of timely and accurate activity reports to US Department of Agriculture and Winrock;
- Supervise district coordinators and liaise with partners, community leaders, and agriculture extension officers to mobilize resources and gain program buy-in and sustainability;
- Support capacity building of community to acquire necessary supplies for program sustainability;
- Provide technical assistance, support, and oversight to partner NGOs and CSOs;
- Provide technical assistance, support, and information to national and local government and education officials;
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities to measure impacts;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience in community and resource mobilization as well as relevant experience implementing development programs, preferably in West Africa. Specific experience and specialization in the areas of school feeding and creating/maintaining partnerships with local government, communities and CSOs is strongly desired;
- Education: Bachelor's level degree required in international development, education, political science, or a relevant social science discipline;
- Technical Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years experience working on development programs and demonstrated ability to mobilize community action.. Experience in the West Africa region is required, and Senegal strongly preferred.
- Experience providing support to local organization/community capacity building to mobilize resources;
- Skilled in strategic planning, implementation, and training for Village Savings and Loans groups, parent teacher associations, and community gardeners;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills;
- Fluency in French and Wolof is required. English skills a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org